vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Know tjgreaton?

Default Anyone Know tjgreaton?

Anyone know this cacher, who lives in Wilton?

They don't seem to be a member of geocachingmaine.org, and haven't been on the geocaching.com website since June 05.

But they have one of my TB's - one that means a lot as it was released in Oct 04 in conjunction with the article about RULOST2? and I published in the Boothday Register. It was supposed to be a continuing saga in the newspaper - where it went to and all - but it only made it 68 miles and 5 caches.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?

They don't seem to be a member of geocachingmaine.org, and haven't been on the geocaching.com website since June 05.

But they have one of my TB's - one that means a lot as it was released in Oct 04 in conjunction with the article about RULOST2? and I published in the Boothday Register. It was supposed to be a continuing saga in the newspaper - where it went to and all - but it only made it 68 miles and 5 caches.

Makes me wanna say that there ought to be a system in place to discourage "one-time" cachers that join up only to retreive collectibles. I too have had this same thing happen when we first started out and it kinda discouraged me from putting out more TB's or coins. I know the Bug you are referring to Bruce as I had it in my hands for a short while. I had hopes of seeing more media coverage for this Bug. As you know Bruce, I emailed tjgreaton and attempted to rattle his cage a bit, however the email bounced back as undeliverable. I don't know what to do any more than that. I once emailed GPSFUN and he told me that that was the risk that we as cachers take when we put Bugs or coins into circulation, its sad, but it happens alot.
    What if the Hokey Pokey is what its all about?
    Have Fun & Be Safe!

Unhappy Lost TB

We too, lost a TB. T-i-gg-ger went 2600 miles to be lost in TB Heaven. I can still tell you the cache and the cacher that left him. It's discouraging. We completed a goal of a TB to have the cache muggled and the TB lost. 3 years that TB had been circulating. Then...we completed the goal of another 4 year olds TB to have them retrieve him and send us a thank you email. It's like gambling. I do believe that since GC.com is not publishing the coords until you sign up and log in. This may discourage those, just looking to disrupt the sport.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

I know how you feel, I put out 4 Rubics Revenge TB's and lost 2 right away. Kinda discourages you.

I work with TJ and when I see him tomorrow I will ask him about the TB and show him this web site.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiker Twins
    I work with TJ and when I see him tomorrow I will ask him about the TB and show him this web site.
    Thanks.

Tell him I'm willing to reimburse postage if he sends it, or just have him give it to you and drop it in any cache.

Oops, I forgot tomorrow is Sunday and so I won't see him until Monday, but I will talk to him.

Quote Originally Posted by robt
    I know how you feel, I put out 4 Rubics Revenge TB's and lost 2 right away. Kinda discourages you.
    Wow - I feel fortunate then to have found one of them. Of course, I am still trying to solve the blasted thing - hehehehe - never was very good at them.
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Comber
    Wow - I feel fortunate then to have found one of them. Of course, I am still trying to solve the blasted thing - hehehehe - never was very good at them.
    Judy do not feel bad, it took my daughter 3 days and a bunch of internet cheets to solve hers

Internet cheats? hehehehe - goody!! There is hope yet!
    ~ Beach Comber ~