vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's fascinating about snowmobiling?

Well Dave I am one of those people you would be bitching at. I ride way to fast. Jake can contest to that. But my New Years resolution it to slow down this year. I really do need to slow down. I want to live a few more years at least. I just don't know what it is that excites me about going fast. But it does. But now I am not as young as I once was so I need to try and stick to my New Years resolution.
    Blazing Troll

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    Well Dave I am one of those people you would be bitching at. I ride way to fast. Jake can contest to that. But my New Years resolution it to slow down this year. I really do need to slow down. I want to live a few more years at least. I just don't know what it is that excites me about going fast. But it does. But now I am not as young as I once was so I need to try and stick to my New Years resolution.
    I not worried about you killing yourself, I'm worried about you killing some guy with his five year old on the back of his sled riding within the limits

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    I not worried about you killing yourself, I'm worried about you killing some guy with his five year old on the back of his sled riding within the limits
    There's a difference between riding fast and riding recklessly. Zipping across a lake at 100 MPH is a lot differennt between swerving along a busy trail at 45. One is stupid, the other os reckless. A snowmobiler can be stupid all he wants - I don't care. But when he starts getting reckless...

And I worry about the guy with the 5-year-old on the back of the sled.

The last time I did any real snowmobiling was on one of these http://www.district1ofsc.ca/photoathensskidoos.htm the middle one, an early sixities 6 hp ski-doo my dad bought new when we lived in Fort Kent. I believe he sold it to a muesum in Bingham or over that way. It has a square patch on the tank\bottom between the skies where I hit a rock. That old sled sure was fun at 15 mph going down the hill!

I'm back . . . 336 miles in 1 1/2 days snowmobiling. Had a great time.

If this works this should provide a link showing my tracked route of travel on Day 2 . . . I left my GPSr behind on the first half day so I don't have that map. The captured image also cut off the most northern point route heading to New Sweden (we turned around before that point) and the southern point route heading to Monticello.

http://www.imagetex.com/displayimage.php?pos=-16788

Here's another copy with a little less detail, but showing a bit more of the trip.

http://www.imagetex.com/displayimage.php?pos=-16787
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Its great here! The lakes don't freeze and neither does the Temp! Ours is a Honda TurboTrax, but we call it our Florida Snowsled!

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Yeehawma
    Its great here! The lakes don't freeze and neither does the Temp! Ours is a Honda TurboTrax, but we call it our Florida Snowsled!
    yah but what about the storms and poiseness stuff We get a little snow now and then and yes the lakes freeze but thats about it besides being taxed to death and miss led down the governmental path of lying politians this place aint that bad

Yah but what about those snow and ice storms? and the moose attacks? And the COLD!!!!!!! And a "little" snow? Come on now - I grew up in the county and there is no such thing as a "little" snow.
    I live in Florida but my heart is in Maine. If I could handle the winters and afford to live there, I would. Maybe I can be a snowbird when I grow up!