vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free gas to go Geocaching!

Smile Free gas to go Geocaching!

I'm looking for some cache buddies/backseat navigators to hit the road/trail with. I prefer to drive (hence the free gas...) and I usually grab 2 or 3 caches each outing. Usually go out on Saturdays...and usually later in the day when it's cooler. If I have a "hot one" or a recent DNF that is driving me crazy, then I might head out after work. I figure that there must be some people here in the Bangor area that might like to go "cache" a few. Maybe even met up with people in other areas too! I'm not much for big hikes or rock climbing, but I love to see new areas of Maine. "500 feet from car to cache" caches are my specialty! I have three seats left in my SUV for any takers...

Default caching

We're going to some in the Bangor area today. The Gteam is on there way here. Problem is I like to drive as well. Oh well!!

Default Two vehicles...

Well, I guess we could get a bunch together and take two vehicles! Or I'll get myself one of those racing wheels that hook to Playstation and we'll bolt that to your dash?

Ohhh...I'm in the Bangor area...sorry forgot to really mention that. I work on Sundays but get out around 5 pm....which leaves a little daylight. I've done some of the Bangor ones but not all. Just did Battleship and currently working on Tic Tac Bangor which is driving me batty. I only have 27 or so under my belt so far...so I'm pretty open to anywhere.
    Last edited by Cache Maine; 07-18-2004 at 10:53 AM. Reason: More to say

Where abouts in Maine are you? The wife and I are always looking for someone to cache with. We have been going every weekend so far this summer even if it is only for one or two caches. It looks like we will most likely head out again next weekend. Most likely Sunday though. We have a commitment for Saturday. So how about Sunday next week. We have 8 more caches in order to hit our 100. We have wiped out the Lewiston, Auburn, Brunswick and Freeport areas. So we would have to hit something other then those areas.
    Blazing Troll

I'm just the opposite I like the challenging hikes and rock climbing but also like caching of any type. Sure would like to do Brdad's caches up there if anyone is game anytime. The ones of his I am interested in are Eagle Eye Stash,HalfMile and Mile from Halfmile.And the infamous Battleship cache but that one would have to be pretty much a day cache all on it's own. Ayone interested in these just put a post in here. Oh and almost forgot Parmachenee has a couple of good ones too in the same area. I didn't get the Dyslexic's Nightmare cache either a while ago so that would be another one I would be interested too. Guess that pretty much does it for now. Thanks Haffy6

Default Caching in Bangor

I'm in Bangor if anyone needs a tour guide. I'll trade help with Battleship for help on Eagle Eye.

Oh yeah there is one on my list on the Kennebec in the Gardiner area that I can't get to cause I don't have a canoe or kayak and that is the Bad Rock cache by Massive cachers. It's the closest to me on my list that I havent found now and it's really bugging me. Can anyone help me out with this one? Hey Maniac ,I would help you out with Eagle Eye but I don't have a clue either....lol
    Last edited by Haffy; 07-18-2004 at 11:06 AM.

Default Wet caches

Haffy, I can relate to that one. A new one posted here this morning in the middle of the Penobscot. And me with no boat An FTF waiting to be gotten.

I guess we would have to put our swimming skills to use wouldn't we?...lol

I have two kayaks but my car with the racks is laid up and my pickup is loaned out until later this week so I can't get there from here. If someone has a pickup, and wants to do Penobby I think we can get them loaded for a quick drive into Brewer. The other half of parmachenee is still in Rochester.