vb:literal>

View Poll Results: Which GPSr do you have?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Garmin

57 77.03%
  • Magellan

17 22.97%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Garmin vs. Magellan

Default garmin!!!!

I guess I am partial to Garmin. Seems like they are the pioneers of the lastest technology in my opinion only.. And of coarse the fact that i have a stock in garmin the past three or four years that has grown may have something to do with it.. I orginally bought a garmin 12 that was a basic unit then in 2002 , the year i started caching with only 115 in the state of Maine. i bought a garmin map76 of which i was able to load maps into it for the first time for me. I now wish i had a color garmin unit or which i suspect i will have on my next gps purchase..

BUY GARMIN ( support a local geocacher)

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Remember, you get a better signal when you hold the GPSr UPRIGHT (antenna pointing up), rather than holding it flat.
    I agree with that, if i hold it straigt up, it's just as accurate as my fortrex with a quadrahelix antenna on it.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Yes, it is true Hiram357 . . . I am your father. Join me and buy a Magellan and we will rule the geo-caching galaxy . . . mu-ha-ha-ha.
    NOOOO NEVER!!!! GARMIN IS THE LIGHT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy6
    Just remember though that it works only for those with the quad helix antenna and not the patch antenna like the Etrex series has. Those need to be held flat.
    Really? I know it works on my 60c (which has a quad helix antenna), but I was told that it also works with the Etrex (which I haven't tested as I haven't used it since I got the 60cs).

Like the man says, you learn something new every day.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Yes, it is true Hiram357 . . . I am your father. Join me and buy a Magellan and we will rule the geo-caching galaxy . . . mu-ha-ha-ha.

But in the end even Darth Vader came back over to the light side...

So Jake, does this mean you will be ordering a garmin soon too?

Quote Originally Posted by robt
    But in the end even Darth Vader came back over to the light side...

So Jake, does this mean you will be ordering a garmin soon too?
    true true... but didnt darth vader have to die before he saw the light?? THAT"S IT!! WE'LL HAVE THE MAINE MAGELLAN HUNT!! WE'LL GO IN SEARCH OF MAGELLAN USERS AND BURN THEM AT THE STEAK!! I EVEN HAVE A SCIENTIFIC METHOD OF FINDING THEM!! WE PUT THEM ON A SCALE WITH A DUCK! AND IF THEY WEIGH LESS THAN THE DUCK, THEN THEY'RE A MAGELLAN USER!!!!! I'LL GET THE TORCHES AND PITCHFORKS!!!!

If Magellan actual had a Garmin GPSr he would have realized the place he was looking for was only inches behind him instead of sailing all the way around the world to get there!!!

Sorry, i couldn't resist a verbal jab!

Happy New Year!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trezurs*-R-*Fun
    If Magellan actual had a Garmin GPSr he would have realized the place he was looking for was only inches behind him instead of sailing all the way around the world to get there!!!

Sorry, i couldn't resist a verbal jab!

Happy New Year!!!!!
    All I can say to that is... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Thats a good one!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    true true... but didnt darth vader have to die before he saw the light?? THAT"S IT!! WE'LL HAVE THE MAINE MAGELLAN HUNT!! WE'LL GO IN SEARCH OF MAGELLAN USERS AND BURN THEM AT THE STEAK!! I EVEN HAVE A SCIENTIFIC METHOD OF FINDING THEM!! WE PUT THEM ON A SCALE WITH A DUCK! AND IF THEY WEIGH LESS THAN THE DUCK, THEN THEY'RE A MAGELLAN USER!!!!! I'LL GET THE TORCHES AND PITCHFORKS!!!!
    hold on, a witch hunt, how big a duck are you using???? I am getting worried here.

I have a better idea, put up a cache with safe co-ords and then have a a bonfire that is a few hundred feet off....... then when all the garmin users go to the wrong place they are burned in the fire and the elite magellan users are safe cause we had the good GPS devices that took us to the correct place.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    Hiram, you can burn me a "steak" any time!