vb:literal>

View Poll Results: Which GPSr do you have?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Garmin

57 77.03%
  • Magellan

17 22.97%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Garmin vs. Magellan

a kegerator??? I didn't know they sold Genny Light in kegs......
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

d’76 Guest

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Haffy6
    Im thinking maybe this would be a good time to ask our webmaster Rick to make a new topic thread of OFF topic as this thread is WAY off topic. I was under the impression that this thread is called "tell us about yourself" what the heck does Guiness and Canadian beer have to do with this topic anyway? lol

Well Haffy the kind of beer that a person drinks does tell a lot about the person. Like me for example, I enjoy Guinness that shows that I am well educated and have some class, but on the other hand WhereRwe drinks pig swill like Zima and Blue Ribbon, which shows he has no idea what good beer is, and so he therefore lives a sheltered and uninteresting life...

So How the **** did the topic end up here also!

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Haffy6
    Im thinking maybe this would be a good time to ask our webmaster Rick to make a new topic thread of OFF topic as this thread is WAY off topic. I was under the impression that this thread is called "tell us about yourself" what the heck does Guiness and Canadian beer have to do with this topic anyway? lol

Well Haffy the kind of beer that a person drinks does tell a lot about the person. Like me for example, I enjoy Guinness that shows that I am well educated and have some class, but on the other hand WhereRwe drinks pig swill like Zima and Blue Ribbon, which shows he has no idea what good beer is, and so he therefore lives a sheltered and uninteresting life...

So How the **** did the topic end up here also!
    no no dave, this topic is not just about beer, it's about grilling, it's a whole different topic that derailed this thread.

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    no no dave, this topic is not just about beer, it's about grilling, it's a whole different topic that derailed this thread.
    So tell me again how this pertains to Megellan and garmin stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    So tell me again how this pertains to Megellan and garmin stuff.
    well ya can't go geocaching on an empty stomach now can ya?? it's really hard to focus on finding a cache when your stomach is grumbling... and it's also hard to use your GPS when you've had one too many, which is one reason why i like my GPS72, it has a nice big screen and big buttons, now my foretrex, that one is not drinker friendly because it has really tiny buttons... and for those Magellan users... well... ya gotta be pretty drunk to be talked into buying one of them.... so ya see, geocaching, beer, steaks... they're all tied in with one another, like the ying and yang of geocaching...

Quote Originally Posted by robt
    But in the end even Darth Vader came back over to the light side...

So Jake, does this mean you will be ordering a garmin soon too?
    Not unless Hiram is my long-lost illegitimate son that I never knew existed and we join together to defeat the evil Magellan Meridian Emperor.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by The G Team
    Hiram, you can burn me a "steak" any time!
    Make mine a medium rare rib-eye please.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 09S
    Started using a Rino 110 and 320 in Iraq, we found the radio to be avg but the use of the GPS and Radio at the same time to use up to many batteries. Now that I am home (Maine) I have found the Rino 530 to have many features that I wish I had in country.
    Welcome to geocachingmaine.org Gator . . . I look forward to seeing you find and place some caches in the Spring.

Incidentally, what were you using the GPS units for in Iraq . . . tell me Saddam didn't give you guys coords to his hidden WMDs?

I think we need to have a steak and beer drinking event so that everyone can show off their GPS units and brag about which is better

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    I think we need to have a steak and beer drinking event so that everyone can show off their GPS units and brag about which is better
    Make mine a Moxie . . . or a Woodchuck Cider.