vb:literal>

View Poll Results: Which GPSr do you have?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Garmin

57 77.03%
  • Magellan

17 22.97%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Garmin vs. Magellan

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    I think we need to have a steak and beer drinking event so that everyone can show off their GPS units and brag about which is better
    We have had a couple of "Beer & Wings" events in the past, and I assume steak is available. I have no doubt we'll have more in the future...

Default Is this a survey or a competition?

I have used both types and they both got me to the cache!

I took back the Garmin after a week because it did not work as well (even when held flat) as the Magellan (when held upright) in dense forest and the Magellan had a bigger screen. I just wish I had dropped the Magellan into the stream before making my final selection (sure 'floating' sounds like a good thing . . . till it floats down stream! Someplace in the fine print under 'waterproof' it must say 'takes about a week to dry out enough to start working again'). Im not looking to upgrade until prices come down.

Lets call the next survey "how are you willing to spend to find $50 worth of dollar store junk?"

Zoltarus
    The Adventure
    Continues . . . .

- Zoltarus

Question $$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltarus

Lets call the next survey "how are you willing to spend to find $50 worth of dollar store junk?"

Zoltarus
    OR How far have you driven to find a cache? And at current prices. How much did it cost you?

The Teams: over 325 miles round trip,@ 2.35 per gallon and 15 mpg. That's $ 51.70 for a single cache.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

[quote=Team2hunt]OR How far have you driven to find a cache? And at current prices. How much did it cost you?[quote]

Does it have to be in a single trip? I took many trips to Waterville to find that blasted Old 470.........hmmmmmmmmm..........I calculated the mileage once..........
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt
    OR How far have you driven to find a cache? And at current prices. How much did it cost you?
    Does it have to be in a single trip? I traveled a number of times to find that blasted Old 470 in Waterville.........hmmmmmmmmm..........I totalled the mileage once upon a time..........
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Comber
    Does it have to be in a single trip? I traveled a number of times to find that blasted Old 470 in Waterville.........hmmmmmmmmm..........I totalled the mileage once upon a time..........

How about the mileage just walking up and down the length of the train? THAT had to add up.....