vb:literal>

Thread: Post multiple images at once to the photo gallery?

Question Post multiple images at once to the photo gallery?

Hey, how do you get the "Retrieve all images from a URL" option to work? I'd like to be able to upload a directory of photos all at once and then edit the captions instead of one tedious photo at a time. That's a lot of clicking for someone with carpal tunnel! I've been trying all sorts of things, but I can't get it to retrieve all images from a URL, it just doesn't do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronpriest
    Hey, how do you get the "Retrieve all images from a URL" option to work? I'd like to be able to upload a directory of photos all at once and then edit the captions instead of one tedious photo at a time. That's a lot of clicking for someone with carpal tunnel! I've been trying all sorts of things, but I can't get it to retrieve all images from a URL, it just doesn't do anything.
    I am confused at what you mean. Right now you can upload 5 photos a one time and edit the caption before you aprove them. At least the last time I looked you could do that.
    Blazing Troll

I can't seem to get it to work. Maybe I'm just not creating a single HTML page well enough or something though. Any suggestions for software that can easily compress pictures and generate a single HTML page for reference? Google's Picasso can't do it to a single HTML page that this site can use. It still has each picture on a different page, even if you tell it to create a single page site. :-P

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by aaronpriest
    I can't seem to get it to work. Maybe I'm just not creating a single HTML page well enough or something though. Any suggestions for software that can easily compress pictures and generate a single HTML page for reference? Google's Picasso can't do it to a single HTML page that this site can use. It still has each picture on a different page, even if you tell it to create a single page site. :-P
    I use this web site and never have a hard time. It downsizes the photos for you
    http://www.photobucket.com/

Gee, I'd hate to sign up for yet another photo sharing site! :-) I already use several, my professional one being smugmug.com. It doesn't generate a page that this website can bring pictures in from though in bulk. I just haven't found a solution yet, but there's gotta be one somewhere without spending just as much time writing a custom page as it would to just individually upload pictures, or use yet another photo service from someone else's website. I'd just like a cool little program that takes a bunch of pictures in a directory and create a single html page referencing them that I could easily upload to my website and point this website to to grab them in bulk. Too bad this site didn't just support ftp'ing them or grabbing a directory (vs a web page). That would be the easiest!!! I guess most people just upload pictures one at a time?

Well,see that donation button on the righthand side? If more people like you would use it maybe Rick would add more benefits to the site and we could have something like you describe.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy6
    Well,see that donation button on the righthand side? If more people like you would use it maybe Rick would add more benefits to the site and we could have something like you describe.
    geeeze haffy, talk about gestapo selling tactics...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Hey, I have no problem handing out donations!!! I think all this site has accomplished is amazing... sorry if it seemed like I was complaining!