d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by brdad
    It took nearly 24 hours but it worked!
    2797.2Kbits 349.7KBytes
    Do you remember what your numbers where before

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    Do you remember what your numbers where before

A little over 500KBits

Given what you all are finding, would you consider this new service arrangement good enough to forego Road Runner? I am tired of writing out that freakin' check for too much money every month - it's just not right to pay that much for computer and TV services - ugh!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Comber
    Given what you all are finding, would you consider this new service arrangement good enough to forego Road Runner? I am tired of writing out that freakin' check for too much money every month - it's just not right to pay that much for computer and TV services - ugh!
    If you have a choice between cable and DSL, ALWAYS go with DSL.

(Sheesh! I'd be happy with either, but that's country living for you...)

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    If you have a choice between cable and DSL, ALWAYS go with DSL.

(Sheesh! I'd be happy with either, but that's country living for you...)

DSL is not an option for me because we got rid of our land line phone years ago. Our phone bills were cut in half by going 100% cellular (we have lots of family out-of-state) and I always know the amount of the bill every month, no long distance surprises anymore. So, while I, too, grumble about the cable/tv bill I believe I make up for it in the phone bill savings.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegrass Gyrl
    DSL is not an option for me because we got rid of our land line phone years ago. Our phone bills were cut in half by going 100% cellular (we have lots of family out-of-state) and I always know the amount of the bill every month, no long distance surprises anymore. So, while I, too, grumble about the cable/tv bill I believe I make up for it in the phone bill savings.
    Hmmm... Can't you get a DSL line without having a regular telephone account? What do you have - cable modem?

The telephone companies must have some sort of deal they can offer. I know more and more people are dropping their wired phones as cellular is getting cheaper in most cases. (Except in places like Solon, where you can get a cell phone connection only if the weather is clear and the wind is in the right direction...)

Hmmm... Can't you get a DSL line without having a regular telephone account? What do you have - cable modem?

The telephone companies must have some sort of deal they can offer. I know more and more people are dropping their wired phones as cellular is getting cheaper in most cases. (Except in places like Solon, where you can get a cell phone connection only if the weather is clear and the wind is in the right direction...)
    No, they lock you in like that, I was thinking about canceling my verizon line and going to a voip option but I would have to go over to cable for my internet cause verizon will not let me have my DSL without my phone line.

Quote Originally Posted by robt
    No, they lock you in like that, I was thinking about canceling my verizon line and going to a voip option but I would have to go over to cable for my internet cause verizon will not let me have my DSL without my phone line.
    Sheesh!

Well, I know that when I get DSL (this month???), it will be a lot cheaper than dial-up. I can get rid of the 2d telephone line and save the $35 a month!

Sheesh!

Well, I know that when I get DSL (this month???), it will be a lot cheaper than dial-up. I can get rid of the 2d telephone line and save the $35 a month!

The DSL is not the expensive part of my phone bill, it is the phone part, I have been really condsidering getting rid of my regular phone line and go over to vontage cause that would cut my bill allmost in 1/2, or I just wait till the suscom sale is complete and see what offer I can get then. Gotta be better then they are now. as for Dialup, Free AOL Dailup from work, only the one phone line but then I am the only one home right now and do not care if anyone can call me. the only problem is it is just way too slow!!!!!!! oh well