vb:literal>

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Check this out....

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt
    I have dial up and got these #'s 1707.2KBits / 213.4 KBytes
    I am an idiot on the computer, but aren't my numbers higher?
    Hmmm... Anyone else have satellite internet?

I have DirecWay (download only) and got the following from the Verizon Online SpeedTest (seems WAY too high): 7827.8Kbits 978.5KBytes

I got 1580.4kbits & 197.6k bytes

But I am also running on a wireless home network router.
    Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt
    I have dial up and got these #'s 1707.2KBits / 213.4 KBytes
    I am an idiot on the computer, but aren't my numbers higher?
    Try some of the other tests--you cannot get more than 56.6K down with dial-up (actually, the FCC limits it to even less than that), since you have a 56.6 K modem.

On cheap Adelphia, I would expect to see 256K down or less, on "regular" Adelphia, 1 to 4 M down, depending on lots of variables. T1 is 1.5M up AND down.

Thanks, Lee called them up and they said they'd get on it. Now we just have to wait...

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    Any one ever call and just check up on your services that you have provided. Well today I did and I suggest all of you do the same. About a year ago I upgraded from dail up to DSL from Verizon. Today I get in the mail a flyer from Verizon that I usually just throw away. Well today I opened it and read it (I dont know why) It was a Personalized profile for my account. While I was reading this I noticed that the info said that I had the very best, HUH I said. I went to see my connection speed and it was at 100 mbps and there best was much higher than that. I called them and found out that since I got DSL they have had many upgrades. So they bottom line is that I was paying 29.99 a month for much less product than they advertise now, After speaking with someone they bumped me to the highest that they have and didnt charge me a cent and my monthly stays the same.

Dave, yes they do that often. You were actually very lucky if getting the speed upgrade was that easy. I have fought with verizon several times. The first time I tried to get the advertised speed it took me 6 months to get that upgrade. Now I have been figting them to get the new service level that they now offer and have been told that it is not goingto happen. They have been a big head ache anytime I try to get there service to work up to advertised and that does not count the 1 1/2 just trying to get service with them cause of issues with the phone lines.

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by robt
    Dave, yes they do that often. You were actually very lucky if getting the speed upgrade was that easy. I have fought with verizon several times. The first time I tried to get the advertised speed it took me 6 months to get that upgrade. Now I have been figting them to get the new service level that they now offer and have been told that it is not goingto happen. They have been a big head ache anytime I try to get there service to work up to advertised and that does not count the 1 1/2 just trying to get service with them cause of issues with the phone lines.
    It must be my voice, The woman I talked to sounded hot and I talked to her that way. I had this resolved in about 15 minutes including hold time. And know I can see quite a difference in page loads and downloads.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    It must be my voice, The woman I talked to sounded hot and I talked to her that way. I had this resolved in about 15 minutes including hold time. And know I can see quite a difference in page loads and downloads.
    They are allways nice and seem to try to help it is just things either do not happen or they come up with an excuse why they will or can not upgrade your service, that is all.

Have you run a speed test on your connection yet?

I have been promised upgrades by the reps many times and had them not happen is all.

The Meaning of Slow

2006-01-05 20:41:51 EST: 40 / 22
    Your download speed : 40 kbps or 5.1 KB/sec</B>.
    Your upload speed : 22 kbps or 2.8 KB/sec.

But it works for GC.com

P.S. And that was the high one!!

Default Check This Out

Mines Flying @ 35.7KBITS 4.5Kbytes Eat Your Hearts out

I'm getting some good numbers here:

3129.9Kbits 391.2KBytes

But it's from work, I'll try from home and see what Adelphia is giving me for my money.... Thanks for the link to that speed test.