vb:literal>

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Check this out....

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by robt
    Dave thoose sites will very depended on where they are located in realation to your isp, the demand on their servers and internet trafic. I usually will check the one my isp as the most accurate cause it is the one that most ISP's will consider as a good messurment. Most every ISP does not gaurentee any speed other then the speed on their network only and does not consider any speed issues that you could find after you leave that network if they consider speed at all.
    So I find it ironic that the best speeds I get are with Verizon my ISP. I wonder if they fudge the numbers to make them look better and keep me happier

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy6
    Hey Robt,what the heck are you talking about anyway?...lol And while you're at it did you ever consider using the spell checker here? It is the ABC with the check mark on the upper right hand corner of the composition page.

Well Haffy, I wrote you a really long detailed explanation of my last post and then tried to use the spell check and lost my whole post.... well it is late and I will see if I can send it out tomorrow if I can. oh well it was really log and dry anyway

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    So I find it ironic that the best speeds I get are with Verizon my ISP. I wonder if they fudge the numbers to make them look better and keep me happier
    No Dave, it is not that they are fudging the numbers, it is that they are closer to you and are not going over the backbone of the INTERNET. It may also be cause of server load of some sites. The thing is at some point every hyway gets enough people traveling on it that it gets congested and slows down. What is true for a hyway and cars is the same for data traveling down a wire. Most service providers do not trouble shoot anything that is outside their individual network cause it is outside their control, verizon does not control the major networks or INTERNET backbone that connects all providers together. This is controlled by large data carries like Level3, MCI and other carriers that make up the INTERNET backbone.

I tried to write up a more detailed explanation but lost it in trying to spell check, if I get time latter I will try to post a better explanation if anyone is interested.

robt

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy6
    And while you're at it did you ever consider using the spellchecker here? It is the ABC with the check mark on the upper right hand corner of the composition page.
    Hey, I think I am getting gypped here. I don't have that button using Firefox.

Quote Originally Posted by Slate
    Hey, I think I am getting gypped here. I don't have that button using Firefox.
    I found that Firefox does not ahow all the button that IE does. I use IE for that reason.
    Blazing Troll