vb:literal>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Garmin launches the new “X”-treme series handheld gps

d’76 Guest

I was so excited to hear about the new Garmin X series that I almost sold off the little woman to go get one. I'm glad I didnt. I was checking out some of the threads in gc.com and many many people are having trouble. So for now I will keep the trusty 60c and wait for some good news to come of them.

Sorry folks it's not a perfect world.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    I was so excited to hear about the new Garmin X series that I almost sold off the little woman to go get one. I'm glad I didnt. I was checking out some of the threads in gc.com and many many people are having trouble. So for now I will keep the trusty 60c and wait for some good news to come of them.
    I've got a 60c as well, and I like it so much I'll wait for a couple more generations of improvements before I upgrade!

I wish I could justify upgrading my 60c. I'm sure the bugs will be worked out with future firmware updates. Older versions for the 60c had some problems too. I would love to have a 60csx. With a 512 meg sd card I could have all the maps I would ever want loaded and never have to mess around with loading map set anymore. The satellite reception sounds amazing. If these things get a good satellite lock inside, I'm sure tree cover isn't a problem at all.

maybe if my 60c "accidentally" suffered and untimely demise I wouldn't feel guilty upgrading.

Sorry folks it's not a perfect world.
    What kind of issues are they having???

There have been a lot of complaints about battery life, and problems with lithium batteries. Other than that it seems like it is a bunch of little bugs and unusual problems. There are a ton of different discussions about them in the Groundspeak forums.
    http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showforum=11

d’76 Guest

Slate beat me to it

Slate beat me to it
    Sorry Dave.

Default Garmin 76CSx

My new unit arrived late last week. There was a notice in the box that there was an issue with lithium batteries and battery life (which I knew about from the forums). I use Energizer NIMH rechargeables so that has not been an issue. I've had the unit out on the road and haven't had any issues. It works really well! I have been using a Etrex Vista C. My only issue is the silly buttons - they're all different from the Vista. I spent about 10 minutes trying to find out how to drop a waymark only to resort to the manual... and then feel really silly when I found out how. I haven't done any geocaching with it yet but probably will this upcoming weekend. In general, the +/- accuracy is smaller when I have the two units side-by-side. It also starts up more quickly. I do like the tide feature that I will use kayaking. I'll have it with me at the WWWWW event if anyone wants to see it.

I have the tide charts on my 60c, it's a great feature. I would be interested to see what you think of the reception under tree cover once you get a chance to get out geocaching with it.

Whoo-hoo post #100.

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Slate
    I have the tide charts on my 60c, it's a great feature. I would be interested to see what you think of the reception under tree cover once you get a chance to get out geocaching with it.

Whoo-hoo post #100.
    Congrats on 100 post. To the next 100