vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT: FFJake gives blood

Default OT: FFJake gives blood

Here's a link to my bi-weekly humor column . . . it's about me giving blood. Did you know that they don't want to take your blood if you're in the habit of fornicating with Congolese chimpanzees . . . really, it's true.

http://waldo.villagesoup.com/guestco...?storyID=66131

The editor also decided to give me some "front" page billing on the website and have a little fun with me . . . note the accompanying photo of Arnold.

http://waldo.villagesoup.com
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Thumbs up

ffjake, this is such a cool story! i really enjoy reading the stories you write. this is the kind of xmas gift i would love to get! (and i still haven't gotten up the courage to donate blood) one of my best friends, shay-shay, used to work for the red cross, doing blood drives. i can't wait to read her this story.
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

Quote Originally Posted by becket
    ffjake, this is such a cool story! i really enjoy reading the stories you write. this is the kind of xmas gift i would love to get! (and i still haven't gotten up the courage to donate blood) one of my best friends, shay-shay, used to work for the red cross, doing blood drives. i can't wait to read her this story.
    Thanks for the kind words . . . and about donating blood . . . trust me it's not as bad as you might think . . . just keep thinking about how your blood donation could help save a teen-ager involved in a bad car accident . . . a grandfather with cancer . . . a premie-baby . . . and if that doesn't work for you, just keep thinking about those freshly-baked oatmeal-cranraisin cookies!
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Smile Great story

You really have a way with words. I loved the story.

I must be missing something on the front page link though. Is that you with Fidel.

A house is not a home without a cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabby
    You really have a way with words. I loved the story.

I must be missing something on the front page link though. Is that you with Fidel.
    No. Originally the front page link had a picture of Arnold Schwartznegger with a caption saying, "Arnold Schwartznegger or our columnist Jason Johnson?"

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Thanks for the kind words . . . and about donating blood . . . trust me it's not as bad as you might think . . . just keep thinking about how your blood donation could help save a teen-ager involved in a bad car accident . . . a grandfather with cancer . . . a premie-baby . . . and if that doesn't work for you, just keep thinking about those freshly-baked oatmeal-cranraisin cookies!
    well, the cookies wouldn't be an incentive - but brownies! now, i could go for them! i have to have bloodwork every 3 months and it is always such an ordeal, i can't imagine having more taken! but you are right, i have to get over my fear and just do it. again, thank you for your stories
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

Good Job!
    I was a regular donor for years and hope to one day get back to it, it is a very important service. For folks who have not been to donate, this is a very accurate portrayal. You can joke with Nurse Holyoke like that, but the rest....
    BTW, I recommend the Strawberry/Kiwi juice.

So what did the wife think of the gift?? did you wrap it with the cookie?? I give blood often and my light hearted sense of humor/stipidity really adds to the atmosphere, those questionaires kill me, every time i start i always just say "NO" right off, and then the nurse always goes into an in depth explanation of why i have to answer every question. last time i went i got a pretty nice long sleeve shirt. giving blood is cool
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Just gave blood today for the first time in over 20 years or so. It was a good feeling and hope I will continue to do so from now on.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

d’76 Guest

I am ashamed to admit that I have never gave blood. I dont know why , I probably should cause some day I'm sure I will need it. Oh well, I am an organ donor if that helps.