vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Four Caches in Caribou, Maine Today

Thumbs up Four Caches in Caribou, Maine Today

Team 2004 placed four caches in Caribou, today. Well worth going, great views, excellent cashes. First Caches in Caribou! Read all about it at www.geocaching.org Have fun! If you are in the area and not around here, look me up, I will take the hike with you and let you find it. Enjoy!
    Last edited by J_Cyr; 07-21-2004 at 01:47 AM.
    Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Are these approved caches? I don't see them listed. I can't find a valid user by any name close to Team 2004 either.

Thumbs up

Takes 24-48 hours to have approved, I just did one and it got approved! Its now on the site. Its called the Three Circles Airport Tunnel. I am J_cyr. Team 2004 is just my friends and I "team name"

Thanks!

Ok, I see that one now. You have to remember, until a cache is approved, only the owner can see the listings on gc.com.

It's good to see some new caches up there, but it's funny how an area seems dead until I go through and do some of the caches, then a bunch get placed. I think maybe seeing someone log other local caches gets people excited enough to hide some. Anyway, I'll be up another day to get them!

Also, what're you doing logging your own cache as a find?

Cool

Brdad -

Yes, I know you were just in the area. I actually picked up Ms Teelee's cardinal on a cliff at ASP.
    I placed the first one in Caribou yesterday. LOL.. then the second, third and fourth. But they are spread out and great caches. I would like to do a few more up here. Makes it more interesting. There is not much up here, correct. But I want to change that. Each cache is individual with its own things and own location.
    When you do come feel free to shoot me a message. I will be happy to show you around, or go caching with you. If you do go to the ones we placed, of course you can find them, I can tag along. If not, thats alright too, just a offer.

I meant to put a note, not a smily face on my spot. LOL. Thansk for notifying me, I am still new to this. There should be a few more placed today at www.geocaching.org. I might post a few more caches next week with a few friends. I have some great spots in my head. Caribou is really not that bad, has many great spots, just have to go place them there and get more people interested in this up here.
    Nice talking to you. Where are you from, Bangor? Take care.
    Jordan

I am 15 miles east of Bangor. It will be nice to have a few more to do up there when we do make it up to get the one we missed at the airplane crash site.

Thanks for the heads up about caching in Caribou!

Thats terrific!, I've got family living in Presque Isle...we camp out at there place while hunting/fishing etc...expect I'll be up caching in that area in the very near future, since there is a TB (Forest_Nymph) arriving soon, its purpose is to go fishing for one of our prized rainbow trout. I'm in hopes to have that TB in my hands and complete its mission somewhere in Caribou...probably.
    Silva, of the forest

Beneath you, feel the Earth.
    Above you, feel the Sky.
    Around you, feel the presence and the Power
    of the Trees!

Great! I will be making a few more, but they are each individual, sharing no same items, except my buisness card.
    Its just as fun to place it as it is to find it. Keep in touch with me if when you come and find them.
    I may have to move the Three Circles Airport tunnel. I got a letter from a volunteer at www.geocaching.com saying it could mark a terrosist, becuase of the tunnel... and its not posted to not go in or anything, so its ok, but if things contract, I will contact the site and move it to a new location.
    Thanks!

I heard you can't get there from here, (without a guide that is). Here being southern Maine. Just joking, J. You like hot VW's huh? John

John,

You have VW's? Yes, I have been into VW's for about 10 years now. Here we are talking cars on a geocaching forum...

Which way to Southern Maine, I thought there was only a Northern Maine...