vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Inquirer & CNN

Default Holy Crap

That is amazing, and scarey to boot.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957
    That is amazing, and scarey to boot.
    Sheesh! They call geocaching a "fad"??? The poor guy was arrested for "placing debris on public property"???

We need to educate these people!

(And yes, a terrorist COULD place a bomb in a "geocache", but I'd bet there isn't enough potential "terror" in such a location to make it worth their while.)

I wouldn't concern yourself. I can't say this on the record, but for them to think its a terroist act --- someone was doing something stupid, if it was the officer or the person at the cache ---

Thats why I like doing it secretly -- I do not like caches in town where dozens of people are watching you. I like the ones out in the country -- thw walk in the woods, the explore through the wild... anyone else feel the same way?
    Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

And besides who the heck are they kidding? Idaho of all places...lol
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy6
    And besides who the heck are they kidding? Idaho of all places...lol
    Yeah, it could be Maine!

Quote Originally Posted by J_Cyr
    I do not like caches in town where dozens of people are watching you. I like the ones out in the country -- thw walk in the woods, the explore through the wild... anyone else feel the same way?
    Yes, sure do!!
    What if the Hokey Pokey is what its all about?
    Have Fun & Be Safe!

Oh great - I can expect another round of interrogation by family and friends who think I partake in a life threatening activity or perhaps even have joined a cult.
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Thats good to hear. This isn't directed to anyone, but my two cents in general -- if you place a cache in a town where any time of the day people can see what your doing then you should choose a new location. I mean, if its a "place" where you choose you want to hide a cache, I think you should be able to hide the actual cache far enough away from the roads or public where people won't be asking questions and also have thier eyes on you.

I know if I ever did a cache in town where a police officer pulled a gun on me it would be my last cache. Being in a criminal justice degree and a fire fighter, I have alot of friends that are police officers and they would agree that taking out thier gun for such a act is wrong.

You are suppose to withdraw your weapon if you feel you or another is in danger of your own or someone else's life. The police officer 'thought' they were planting a bomb or whatnot and to me, didn't have much common sense of thinking before acting.

For someone to even think about someone with a GPS in thier hands and maybe a travel bug in town would be placing a bomb or whatnot is ligit then those are the type of people that should not be wearing a badge. My best bet, is the guy looking for the cache was called in by a motorist who was driving by and figured thats what it must be, because its obvious that guy is a terroist... because he has a GPS?

Geocaching is a fun and enjoying sport and if taking caches out of busy areas and towns is what it's going to take for acts like this to stop then that would be the best bet. At the same time, I understand geocaching is growing every day with new people hiding and finding but by placing a cache in town is not the way people should find out about the new sport. Again, I am just expression my opinion and this is not directed to anyone or in favor or anyone, but just how I feel about it.
    Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

i saw a picture of where he put the cache on CNN.com, and personally i think the guy came down with a case of stupid that day 1) because he put the cache ON A BRIDGE.... its clearly defined on GC.COM where not to put caches, if you don't know what i'm talking about i suggest you go read 2) he put the cache UNDER the BRIDGE, where it would obviously require some tricky handy work climbing down to it... oh yeah, it mentioned that the bridge spanned over RAPIDS
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.