vb:literal>

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Where is that sign?

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    When my kids were young - 20 something years ago - they used to call the VW Beetle a "punch buggy". Anyone know why?

Yup, well I should say I know why we called them "punch buggy." When you saw one driving along you would yell out "punch buggy" while punching your sibling in the arm. The rules were simple, you had to call out the color before shouting "punch buggy", apparently it allowed the other person to quickly verify there actually was a vw bug on the road, so if you heard a primary color being shouted out while going down the highway in the family hauler, you started wincing because you knew "punch buggy" was going to quickly be heard along with the bludgeoning pain from being punched in the arm. What great fun, LOL...

Talking Still playing

My navigator and I still play " Punch Buggie " to this day. There are a few more rules we had to add. The color now comes out after you say punch buggie, this shortens the time to impact. If you are wrong and it's NOT a punch buggie, your opponent gets two hits and can even save them for later, when you least expect it. You cannot look down the side roads and driveways, because I have to watch the road. ( Most of the time.) You cannot use body shops or car dealerships. This would lead to a complete a_ _ whoopin. Not my intentions with my 12 year old navigator, at least not yet. Convertibles, with their tops down are bonus points too. 2 hits. He enjoys the game more than I do. Never should have sent him to karate school. " Punch Buggie blue! " J. Cyr. wait til I see you again.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

You know the rules, alright lol.
    I had quite a few at one time a few years back --- 4 beetles to be exact and I used to put them outside and when I was outside, or in the garage with the door opened, I used to watch people look and hit eachother. Im too cruel. lol.
    Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

The one in China is listed on geocaching.com as the "Which Way do I go micro". It was my very first geocaching find last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Susie521 View Post
    The one in China is listed on geocaching.com as the "Which Way do I go micro". It was my very first geocaching find last week.
    Welcome to the addiction!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

My navigator and I still play " Punch Buggie " to this day. There are a few more rules we had to add. The color now comes out after you say punch buggie, this shortens the time to impact. If you are wrong and it's NOT a punch buggie, your opponent gets two hits and can even save them for later, when you least expect it. You cannot look down the side roads and driveways, because I have to watch the road. ( Most of the time.) You cannot use body shops or car dealerships. This would lead to a complete a_ _ whoopin. Not my intentions with my 12 year old navigator, at least not yet. Convertibles, with their tops down are bonus points too. 2 hits. He enjoys the game more than I do. Never should have sent him to karate school. " Punch Buggie blue! " J. Cyr. wait til I see you again.
    Not to go too far off topic, but we always played punch buggy too. About 10 years ago my husband and I started a side game similar to punch buggy--it was punch groundhog, because there were SOOOO many groundhogs on the side of the road dead and alive! We haven't played it in awhile but come spring I usually suprise him with the first groundhog punch! lol

We also found this last weekend!
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?