vb:literal>

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Winslow Winter Weekend Waypoint Warrior Wingding 2

okay jake... correct me if i'm wrong, but i only see one point marked on the map... is that as far as you went because that's the only place where the plowtrucks piled up enough snow for you to ride???
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    okay jake... correct me if i'm wrong, but i only see one point marked on the map... is that as far as you went because that's the only place where the plowtrucks piled up enough snow for you to ride???
    The plowtrucks have been piling snow at the Skowhegan Fairgrounds for the Rock Maple races this weekend, but there still looks like they may have to put tires on the front of the sleds instead of runners! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    Oops. Wrong map. Try this one. That was a close-up of a map I was showing a sledder who had questions about GPSrs.

http://www.imagetex.com/displayimage...up&cat=0&pos=3

The line about the plowtrucks piling up the snow was pretty funny though.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Comber
    Sounds like you got your priorities all mixed up - lol
    Well, it's like this . . . I can pretty much geo-cache or attend events any time during the year, but the snow is only here for a short time and this winter the snow has hardly been here at all so I've got to go when I can go . . . Rick would understand my "needs."
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

I understand Jake's "needs". I have wanted to attend an event for quite a while to meet some of the others here, but it won't happen during the winter for me. Skiing is my winter addiction and I have to take advantage of white stuff while it lasts.

wbdent I also posted this on the event page but I wanted to post it here. To let everyone know that we need to all make a better effort to make people feel more conforatable. I know I am guilty of not meeting every one at the event.

wbdent I am also sorry to see that the Hanson Road Explorers did not have a good time. This was bound to happen again. This same thing was mention about this event last year from others that attended. This was one of the reasons I mentioned that it would be nice to find a way to somehow stand up and announce our geocaching name and introduce ourselves to everyone.

wbdent I don’t think that the Hanson Road Explorers were in the main room. They said they were in the room with the travel bugs which tells me that they were in the room we had.

wbdent This is a great place for an event but after hearing the same remark two years in a row I think that maybe next year it would be better to have it at a place that has a larger room. I think that maybe if the host would remain at the entrance to the room and not at the opposite end of the room it would help This way they could do like Maniac does at his events and introduces himself to everyone coming in and just talk general chit chat this would make people feel most comfortable.

wbdent This is nothing against the person holding this event. I am just throwing out some ideas for the next one.
    Blazing Troll

I agree with Rick on his suggestions. Maybe a simple banner announcing our presence is all that is needed.
    I'm not sure what happened with the Hansen Road Explorers but if they didn't take the initiative to walk up to folks and say hi, well how do I say this politely, it's there own fault. Being shy is not something the host or geocachingMaine can control or overcome for others. The event went well, the venue was great and the people were very friendly. (Even if Bruce never appears to smile; he did give other outward signs of enjoying himself. ) This was our first wwwwwwwwwwwwww event and while not being able to talk with everyone we did meet, chat and befriend new folks as well as say hi and chat with folks we knew; we had a good time.

Thanks Bruce for putting on the event!

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    This was one of the reasons I mentioned that it would be nice to find a way to somehow stand up and announce our geocaching name and introduce ourselves to everyone.
    Rick, you arrived late so may not have been aware of the entire event.

I discussed this with a couple of people at the event I think Mainiac1957 was one - and it was agreed that there were too many people. It would have taken a long time.

And I stood up introduced myself and RULOST2?, and talked for 15 minutes or so. We handed out tickets to everyone. Had a drawing for door prizes.

Where were they and how could they miss us?

Quote Originally Posted by Trezurs*-R-*Fun
    (Even if Bruce never appears to smile; he did give other outward signs of enjoying himself. )
    I'm a retired Army Master Sergeant. I CAN'T smile! LOL!

Default My part

I have to say that I emailed them (Hanson Road Explorers) the minute I saw their post and have yet to hear anything back. That says enough for me...we can only do so much...you know? Just compare it to the people that did have a good time....and remember that you can't please everyone....no matter how hard you try. Hopefully, they will try out another event if they didn't like the style of this one, because all the events are unique. Just my .02.