vb:literal>

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Winslow Winter Weekend Waypoint Warrior Wingding 2

d’76 Guest

So I guess some one could help me out by explaining the process to veiwing the coin cause when I go to my profile and veiw the coin I get that it is still in Island Hoppers

Who knows??

So yup, It's in the Mccarthy cache but no where does it show that i had it and moved it to Josh Chamberlain then JPtrick took it from there.

I just dont get it.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    So I guess some one could help me out by explaining the process to veiwing the coin cause when I go to my profile and veiw the coin I get that it is still in Island Hoppers

Who knows??

So yup, It's in the Mccarthy cache but no where does it show that i had it and moved it to Josh Chamberlain then JPtrick took it from there.

I just dont get it.
    Aha! When the coin is viewed in YOUR profile, it only shows where you picked it up and dropped it off. If you click on the travel bug name, you'll get the page that shows its complete travels beyond where you dropped it off. Make sense?

QUESTION!!!!!!!!

How/Why is it that there are so many travel bugs logged into a cache event that has not yet occured?????? (excuse my ignorance as i have not attended any cache events and am not quite sure how this all works out)

d’76 Guest

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bhansenme
    Aha! When the coin is viewed in YOUR profile, it only shows where you picked it up and dropped it off. If you click on the travel bug name, you'll get the page that shows its complete travels beyond where you dropped it off. Make sense?
    Aha!!!!!!! Your the man!!!Thank god I worked through this with your help I was going insane (well already there) trying to figure this stuff out.

Thanks for your help.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    QUESTION!!!!!!!!

How/Why is it that there are so many travel bugs logged into a cache event that has not yet occured?????? (excuse my ignorance as i have not attended any cache events and am not quite sure how this all works out)
    People planning on attending an event generally drop TB's prior to the event. As I said previously, the event we attended a couple of days ago had over 160 TB's logged PRIOR to the event.

And anyway, we're sponsoring the event! If we want to log TB's, we'll do it!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    And anyway, we're sponsoring the event! If we want to log TB's, we'll do it!
    WELL FINE THEN!!!! i guess ill go log one too

Default gpsfun's VC - Maine

Quote Originally Posted by tat
    Is there anyone interested in bringing the travel bug Gpsfun's Volunteer Geocoin - Maine to the WWWWWW2 event? I'd love to see it.
    I have it, and I'll be bringing it.

Question Grand Experiment

I am a participant in the Grand Experiment - an effort to get more geocoins into caches. If you want more info on this, check out this thread on the geocaching.com forums: http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/ind...owtopic=119277

The gist of the project is to set 6 coins free: three coins that go into caches as travel bugs and three coins as spawner coins. The three spawner coins do not have to be trackable or anything - the person receiving the coin can place it in a cache, keep it for their collection (or use it to start a collection) or whatever.

At the event, I'll have three coins for the asking. And no, you can't arrange with me in advance.

Here's the part where I could use a little help. I have released 6 coins to date in Kansas and in Colorado (the ones in Colorado are still in the mail). I drill a small hole in each then attach one of the travel buddy tags from geoswag.com. Unfortunately, I've only two tags and I need three. If someone has one and can bring it to the event, I'll exchange it for a geocoin, if you like, or I can give you one of the three coins. This is something that I'd like to get lined up before the event so please email/pm me if you have a travel buddy tag to spare. If no one has one then I'll have to try something else with that geocoin.

Thanks, Barry

It looks like a some faces are coming to this event. What do we have for an agenda. Anything scheduled other then eating and meeting people? Maybe we should have a game that would get everyone to stand up and introduce themselves. Lat time at this event a lot of people were left out of the loop in the back part of the room. I heard that there was a bigger room that we could reserve. Are will still in the same place or did we get the bigger room?

I am planning on being there. But it looks like I am flying solo and the better half has to work. Me and Laughing Terry were hoping to ride in on our snowmobiles but it does not look like that is going to happen.

I look forward to seeing everyone again and meeting some new faces. I am hoping to have some MaineGeocaching.org window sticker to hand out if I can get them in the mail in time. I will not have a lot. I just got some I purchased for a trial run.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    It looks like a some faces are coming to this event. What do we have for an agenda. Anything scheduled other then eating and meeting people? Maybe we should have a game that would get everyone to stand up and introduce themselves. Lat time at this event a lot of people were left out of the loop in the back part of the room. I heard that there was a bigger room that we could reserve. Are will still in the same place or did we get the bigger room?
    Same room. We can't tie up the main dining room. I considered changing the venue for the event this year after a couple of similar comments last year, but the support for having it in the same place was HUGE.

No particular agenda planned, so if you'd like to take the lead in Charades...
    We all remember how cute you looked in your Halloween costume.

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    I am planning on being there. But it looks like I am flying solo and the better half has to work. Me and Laughing Terry were hoping to ride in on our snowmobiles but it does not look like that is going to happen.

I look forward to seeing everyone again and meeting some new faces. I am hoping to have some MaineGeocaching.org window sticker to hand out if I can get them in the mail in time. I will not have a lot. I just got some I purchased for a trial run.
    We have a couple of "handouts", and one nice door prize to give away, however.