vb:literal>

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Winslow Winter Weekend Waypoint Warrior Wingding 2

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    I understand that Rick is/was considering another event at his house in June, but that he is afraid he might have 100 or so people show up! LOL! I think he should host one in April. I'd live to see him in an Easter Bunny costume...
    We are going to have an event hopefully in June and one in July this year so far. We are undecided on where and what will be yet. Here are some options we have pondered over with other people. We are thinking the one in June at the house again (Slipping into Summer 2). In July we want to have another overnight kayaking event. The overnight kayaking event we are trying to arrange it again so that non kayakers can also attend. We have been working out the details with TAT, and Beach Comber and are thinking of having it in Portland.

Here are what our thoughts on the kayak event so far and it is not set in stone yet. We wan t to try and limit it to under a 6 mile paddle.
    Put the kayaks in at the Eastern Promenade
    Get the cache at the Eastern Promenade before we head out.
    Go to Fort Gorges and get the cache and check out the area.
    Go to Peaks Island and get the Cache there.
    Go to Long Island and get the cache there and have a BBQ on the island.
    Then head to a final destination that we have not determined yet to spend the night.

The trip back the next day there are two more caches we would like to hit. But that all depends on the overnight location. But the two caches should not be a problem.

The BBQ location and the over night are not set in stone yet. That is what me, TAT and Beach Comber are working out. We want to have the BBQ so that non kayakers can also attend and possibly the non kayakers can still spend the night where ever we set as our overnight destination.
    More details to come later on.
    Blazing Troll

Rick, this sounds great--we'll plan on attending as land lubbers again--hopefully for the overnight this time. The Deer Isle trip was nice, but I still get occasional grief for using a Geocaching event as our wedding anniversary trip

Oh, and we'll definately make your home event--still sorry I missed last years!

Rick stated this: I am not saying this was a bad event or that the hoist was bad.

You know Rick I think you are right, the HOIST was bad.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    We are going to have an event hopefully in June and one in July this year so far. We are undecided on where and what will be yet.
    So... No bunny costume, then?

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    We are thinking the one in June at the house again (Slipping into Summer 2). In July we want to have another overnight kayaking event. The overnight kayaking event we are trying to arrange it again so that non kayakers can also attend.
    These both sound great. I think with advanced notice, my boss will give me a little slack here and let me off.

Default Coming in May!!

I am hoping for a good turnout again this year for the Penobscot River CITO event on May 20th. We had an awesome showing last year where we helped remove nearly 8000 pounds of crap from the banks of the Penobscot River just along the shores in Brewer. I will be posting this about 6 weeks before the event and I hope The Maine Geocaching community shows up in numbers again this year to show folks we put our efforts where our mouths are when it come to cleaning up our environment. Thanks in advance for your support. By the way Bruce, nice job last weekend. Bummer for Hanson Rd Explorers, but ya gotta learn to speak up with our group.
    Happy Trails!

Talking Good luck Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim
    These both sound great. I think with advanced notice, my boss will give me a little slack here and let me off.
    Heard your boss is a real hard ass!
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957
    Heard your boss is a real hard ass!
    Yeah - he may be... But Sudonim's boss gave us a good deal on the installation of our new car stereo/Sirius receiver, so I haver to say good things about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy6
    Rick stated this: I am not saying this was a bad event or that the hoist was bad.

You know Rick I think you are right, the HOIST was bad.
    If the hoist is bad you should just get a sky hook! they have em at home depot next to the pipe and wire stretchers...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.