vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Maine Gold

Here are the coords for the second part of Maine Gold:

N44 34.838
    W068 53.787

I have record of every cache we've done along with coords of each leg of every multi cache we've done. Yes, I know, I do have a little bit of OC but I knew someday it may come in useful. LOL

It does indeed have great views from the second part. If only I lived a little closer I would adopt it. Sudonim has several caches in the area, (HINt, HINT to Sudonim).

Lightbulb My thoughts

I did e-mail the owner the other day and offered to adopt them already. As of yet I haven't heard back form him. I'll give it another day or so and send another one out.
    Happy Trails!

Exclamation same issue

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957
    I did e-mail the owner the other day and offered to adopt them already. As of yet I haven't heard back form him. I'll give it another day or so and send another one out.
    We had the same issue with Hinckley Park in So.Portland. I sent 3 emails over a 3 week period, all unanswered. Then once I emailed GPRFUN, he spent 3 weeks doing the same thing. He needs to document the time and effort spent. Save some time and email GPSFUN with your concerns for the cache. In the meantime we maintenanced the Hinckley Park cache, before the adoption was complete. It's terrible to lose a nice cache. Thanks Brad.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957
    I tried the same thing last year, since I wanted to know where part II was. I offered to put new coord sheets in the cache, but never heard back. After reading the part II coords from Trezurs, looks like it is right on top of my cache

Default Yes

I do believe it is. At least within a few hundred fet or so. Give me a call if you want to talk about those caches.
    Happy Trails!

Yeah, according to Steve you could spit from one to the other.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Just did a calculation using Geocalc and from the coordinates that Steve gave and the coordinates from Sudonim's "Where's Mt.Waldo" cache they are 353 feet apart. A good spitter I would say but within the boundary guideline set by GC.com that are supposed to be 528 feet.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Not to bring up this old topic, but I always thought this sounded like a fun cache but when I first started out I saw a lot of DNFs and log entries about the cache being in tough shape so I never did it . . . now it looks like it is an archived cache. Is anyone planning on taking this one over?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

d’76 Guest

After it was archived Brad and I went and picked it up. My thought is that the Owner is out of the game. I sent them numerous emails and GPS fun contacted them, I would say the spot is up for grabs for anyone that wants it.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    After it was archived Brad and I went and picked it up. My thought is that the Owner is out of the game. I sent them numerous emails and GPS fun contacted them, I would say the spot is up for grabs for anyone that wants it.
    Did anyone pick up the second part of Maine Gold?????