vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lock n Locks

Thumbs up Lock n Locks

I did a cache in Unity yesterday that used one of those containers. I think it gives a better seal than a traditional plastic container.

We've seen quite a few of these, and yes, I agree with Sudonim that they seem to keep a better seal than the usual (Sterilite/Dollar Store) plastic containers. (Can't beat Tupperware or an ammo can, though! )

Default I too...

have seen quite a few of these used for caches. Now I know where to buy them if I coose. Thanks Sue.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    We've seen quite a few of these, and yes, I agree with Sudonim that they seem to keep a better seal than the usual (Sterilite/Dollar Store) plastic containers. (Can't beat Tupperware or an ammo can, though! )

I have seen both tupperware and the lock n locks and I can say that the lock n locks are much better than the tupperware containers,at least from everyone I have run across so far,but that is just my opinion. My China School forest cache is in a Lock n lock and it is holding up much better than any tupperware container. You surely can't beat the ole ammo can for any reason though.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Hey Brad,Wally World is where I got my Lock n Lock and they have all kinds of sizes to fit your needs.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Thumbs up Thanks John

Now I know.
    Happy Trails!

I agree, they are defiantly better than a Rubbermaid or Gladware container, but for the same money or less I will take the ammo can any day. It is tough to beat $4 for a 30 cal ammo can. A Lock N Lock of a similar size is about $6 unless you buy a big set.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim
    I did a cache in Unity yesterday that used one of those containers. I think it gives a better seal than a traditional plastic container.
    UGH!! I can't believe so many of you folks like them. I can't say about caches, but at home in the kitchen for leftovers and other storage usages they suck! I can never get all four sides to seal, one or two at best. After they experience hot water when washing they warp and never are the same. I certainly wouldn't consider them for a cache, too much of a chance for leakage. Thats been my experience folks and for all you coin collectors......thats my two cents worth.
    What if the Hokey Pokey is what its all about?
    Have Fun & Be Safe!

I only use 2 types of contaners for my caches anymore, I like the ammo cans unfortunatly not all locations will fit one of theese. For locations were I need a smaller can I use the lock and lock ones that I get over at walmart. They are roughly the same price as an ammo can but seem to hold up very well so far. I am really interested in seeing how they look this spring after going through the winter. The was I see it it is far cheeper to spend more $ on a good cache container cause it is cheaper in the long run when you consider the cost of maintaing and replaceing a cheeper container and all that is in it.

And yes, I did learn my lesson from my first 2 attempts at placing caches useing gladware