vb:literal>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Coffee & Cache NB 200602

Just tell them you are from Campobello and they will let you through with no problem. Well being in a maine vehicle and from Campobello might be a problem tho! hehe

I haven't had any trouble at Calais, YET! There is a few people from here, that every time they come through the Calais border have trouble.

Sue

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    You got it. Getting over was a nice experiance and yes I understand that we have a nation to protect however we can do it politely and we can do it with a personality
    Yeah. We must have crossed from Maine/Canada/back over 100 times. And Calais is the only place where we've encountered "attitude".

And crossing into Canada, the only time we were searched - to include putting up the pop-up camper - was across the border from Calais at St. Stephen. Sheesh!

They must have a large "criminal element" in that area! LOL!

i have had trouble in lubec, coming from campobello. on one trip with my fellow bank tellers, we had a woman with us who was from norway. the guards didn't want to let our little wegian back into maine. she kept telling them that she had a resident alien card, or whatever it was, but they were not listening. the guards came tearing out of their booth, i was thinking that there was no one who would come bail me out, the other people with me were just as horrified, and the little wegian was almost in tears - geez! those guards were rude, mean and very scary! then there was the woman guard who took my half eaten cheeseburger, but i'm over that now. well, almost.
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

Quote Originally Posted by becket
    then there was the woman guard who took my half eaten cheeseburger, but i'm over that now. well, almost.
    Can you remember if she had dark curly hair? If she did, she is one nasty b*$@&! LOL

Default not trying to hijack your thread but....

When I was a kid, we went across the Rainbow bridge in Niagara Falls with our pop up tent trailer. Dad got out of the car and we stayed put, trying to act like little angels. Everything seemed normal until about 5 minutes after we were back on the highway when dad started laughing hysterically. The inspector, a knock-down gorgeous blond, asked dad if he would open the trailer so she could look into it. He said it would take about 1/2 an hour to get it set up and she said, "no, don't set it up just open the door and I'll have peek inside". The last thing to get packed was the bucket for the porta-potty. After she stuck her head into the bucket, she held her nose with one hand and just waved him on.
    Last edited by tat; 02-05-2006 at 01:55 PM. Reason: way too many spelling errors!

Default Coffee & cache

I worked in calais and stayed in St. John for 14 days. I had no probs going back and fourth. but the women that wore things sure did. every time i get in line and there was cute women coing to the us the us guards would search all thir belonging and seem to always find a pair of thongs to hold up and show their buddy. I saw one guy take some. and seen a few take other things. maybe thats the reason they don't let you out while they r shopping. opps searching. on the Canadian side there was this hot female I asked her everyday if she would strip search me but she wouldn't.
    I did end up taken her out one night though.

Question Could you repeat that.

Quote Originally Posted by DiverDave1998
    I worked in calais and stayed in St. John for 14 days. I had no probs going back and fourth. but the women that wore things sure did. every time i get in line and there was cute women coing to the us the us guards would search all thir belonging and seem to always find a pair of thongs to hold up and show their buddy. I saw one guy take some. and seen a few take other things. maybe thats the reason they don't let you out while they r shopping. opps searching. on the Canadian side there was this hot female I asked her everyday if she would strip search me but she wouldn't.
    I did end up taken her out one night though.
    Huh?
    Happy Trails!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Yeah. We must have crossed from Maine/Canada/back over 100 times. And Calais is the only place where we've encountered "attitude".

And crossing into Canada, the only time we were searched - to include putting up the pop-up camper - was across the border from Calais at St. Stephen. Sheesh!

They must have a large "criminal element" in that area! LOL!
    They used to, but I left years ago...
    You are here.