vb:literal>

Thread: Finally Got Our First One

Thumbs up Finally Got Our First One

Well, it took 35 days to find the time and the weather but we finally found our first cache this morning. Jen and I decided to take our 2 Shar-Pei's for a walk this morning down to Dodge Point in Newcastle with full intentions of making our first find. We took the Ravine Trail and had a nice hike. The girls, Tyka and Kayko, loved being out and checking out all the scents from the last 12 million dogs that had been through there. Found the cache without too much trouble thanks to the warm weather and a little snow melt. We left a little wooden pumpkin since I grow giant pumpkins and we took a little heart shaped blue key hook.
    Our next hunt should be Cinco de Mayo in Damariscotta.
    Thanks to TwoMainieacs - Anne and Joe, letting us know about caching.

Bill and Jen

Congrats, and welcome to the club!

Keep on caching!

Hey congratulations on your First find. Now the fun begins. I remember finding the one at Dodge Pt. a couple of years ago and it was a very nice preserve and the hike was great as well. It's addicting so watch out!!!
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Welcome to the craze!! Have fun
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Thumbs up Congrats!!

It is amazing the stuff you'll find, geocaching. I found time to spend with my, now, navigator Troy. And my best find while caching KK. We now spend countless hours together. Welcome to what will sure become an addiction. Now....what about them pumpkins!! WOW.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Welcome to the world of geo-caching . . . sounds like you may have a pretty neat signature item if you opt to continue to distribute your little wooden pumpkins in the caches.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Joe is jumping up and down with joy - quite a sight <G> Congratulations and wait til you find some of the more fiendishly hidden caches. There are some really good ones up in the Bristol/Damariscotta/Boothbay area. We finally hit 200 not long ago and bet you pass us soon. Friends we introduced to geocaching this summer just passed 560 - I think they have made it all they ever do.

Everyone - Bill and Jen grow giant pumpkins - like 800+ pound types. Pretty amazing to see them growing and even more to help lift them into a truck to go to fairs and be judged. We're confident he'll one day have the Maine state winner.

Anne
    TwoMaineiacs / Anne and Joe

Quote Originally Posted by TwoMaineiacs

Everyone - Bill and Jen grow giant pumpkins - like 800+ pound types. Pretty amazing to see them growing and even more to help lift them into a truck to go to fairs and be judged. We're confident he'll one day have the Maine state winner.

Anne
    I can't wait to find one of these in a cache.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."