vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by The G Team
    Possible, yes. Feasible, no.

A quick Google search on "Laptop display conversion" or similar terms will net many hits, such as this one:

http://www.dansdata.com/danletters033.htm (relevant thread is near the bottom of the page).
    "Laptop display conversion" aside, this site is a GREAT source of information.

Thanks ofr the link!

Thanks for the link, G Team! Ouch, it certainly looks cost-prohibitive. Oh, well... guess I'll just save these old laptops for eBay!

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news! We spent some time researching this at work one day as we were sending dozens of IBM NetVistas (all-in-one PCs w/built-in 15" LCD screen) to the recycler--we were likewise bummed out.

A good place to look is www.tigerdirect.com . I have built a complete computer buying their stuff, Their prices are hard to beat and the service is great. I bought a 19" DCL LCD from them for $199 after rebate. I got it in 5 days and it had no dead pixels. It works great. I just love it. I went from a 15" CRT to this, WOW what a deference. It is also a good place to compare them.