vb:literal>

Thread: Maine Aerial Photography

Default Maine Aerial Photography

I found this web site tonight and don't know if anyone else knows about it. But I thought I would share it. It is way better then Tera server if any of you have ever tried that before. The clarity is amazing.

http://megisims.state.me.us/website/orthomap
    Blazing Troll

Wow!!! The clarity is unreal... I can make out the picnic table and fire pit in our backyard. The photos are not much more than 2 years old, judging from the construction going on in the neighborhood. I wonder why this photography hasn't made it into Google Earth?

And why can't I do a query by lat/long? I could do all my caching from right here in my chair!

The clarity is wonderful so I had to check my own neighborhood. I live in a new development so I can tell that my house has a plywood roof and the house up the street is a foundation. That makes it early spring 2001, or close to 5 years old, in my neck of Cape Elizabeth. Googles are newer for me

I can't zoom in. Am I having a senior moment or what?

Can someone check the Town of Solon?

That is a great site, I use it all the time.

If I lives just a little bit closer to Maine, I would of been able to see my house!

I did zoom in on my brothers place outside of Lubec. The photos of Lubec was taken before 2000. The trailer that my brother lived before he built his house in 2000, is in the photo.

Sue

Pretty good resolutiom and color. I can see my red truck with the dark blue cap parked at my house. Must not have been out caching that day. From a quick look seems like they must update some areas more often than others. But it's a good view in any case. Thanks for the link.

YOP

Resolution in my neck of the woods is terrible . . . I have seen other sites with much better resolution.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Thanks for posting that URL. The overfly of Durham has to have been spring of 1991. The dirt road was just getting punched into our house site and no construction had started. I'd always wondered how close the farm behind us was to our house. It's about where I thought it was, occasionally downwind from the cows <G>

Anne
    TwoMaineiacs / Anne and Joe