vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Camden Snow Bowl

Default Camden Snow Bowl

I was just wondering if anyone was going to Camden this weekend for the US Toboggan Nationals. My wife and some of her friends from Unity College will be competing this weekend. I was going to try and log a few of the virtual caches down in the area, anyone know of any good caches over there?

I'll probably be spending most of my time caching because those college kids drink a lot and their a bad influence.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    I was just wondering if anyone was going to Camden this weekend for the US Toboggan Nationals. My wife and some of her friends from Unity College will be competing this weekend. I was going to try and log a few of the virtual caches down in the area, anyone know of any good caches over there?

I'll probably be spending most of my time caching because those college kids drink a lot and their a bad influence.
    If they're from Unity they do more than just drink a lot.

Good luck to your wife . . . I'm not going, but I know of a snowmobiling member on another site who will be there as he is affiliated with several teams . . . Kahoona Crushers, 24 Pack and Howling Hooters (a woman's team) along with some other teams.

I went on the toboggan chute several years ago with some friends and family members. It's quite a bit of fun. We just did it for fun though . . . not as a competition.

Wish your wife luck from me.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Many years ago, I went down the bobsled run at Lake Placid, NY. My arm brushed the wall of the run, and tore the heck out of my jacket.

That's enough "toboggan" for me! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Many years ago, I went down the bobsled run at Lake Placid, NY. My arm brushed the wall of the run, and tore the heck out of my jacket.

You forgot the all important rules . . . "For the duration of this ride please be sure to keep your arms, hands and legs inside the ride until it comes to a complete stop . . . and please be sure to put your seats and trays back to the upright position before landing."
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    If they're from Unity they do more than just drink a lot.
    and just what is that supposed to mean?????

the wife says thanks for the luck, but not too much luck, because she doesnt want to be stuck there all day sunday... we got some caches to find over there.

seee, you should come on down and be a professional bystander with me! I'm gunna be the guy with the comfy camp chair, and the cooler full of adult beverages telling everyone the right way to do things....

seee, you should come on down and be a professional bystander with me! I'm gunna be the guy with the comfy camp chair, and the cooler full of adult beverages telling everyone the right way to do things....
    Sheesh! Don't tempt me! LOL!

But are you going to have anything besides Guinness???

Sheesh! Don't tempt me! LOL!

But are you going to have anything besides Guinness???
    I was thinkin about pickin up some micro brews, perhaps some sparhawks or some grittys, i dunno yet, whaddya drink?? ill stick some in the snow for ya.

I was thinkin about pickin up some micro brews, perhaps some sparhawks or some grittys, i dunno yet, whaddya drink?? ill stick some in the snow for ya.
    What day we talking about?

What day we talking about?
    well the 4person teams start at 1:00pm on saturday (that's when i'll be there) and they start at 9:00 am on sunday (ill be there then too)