vb:literal>

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: RE: Trials and tribulations from the County

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    I think you should get your own thread category Jake! it could be called "Don't Bitch... Get Even!" So i thought i would post current experience that i am uhhh currently experiencing as i type....

the nice neighbors that i have next door keep playing loud bass thumping music all the time, ive gone over there a few times on seperate occasions to ask them to shut the hell up, and then they do and then the next day its the same thing. i've even called the police to shut them up once. So today i was standing here in my irate mood as usual and thought to myself WWDD? Then it came to me! my tv is now up against the wall with the volume up and my favorite Bob Dylan CD playing in the DVD payer with the first track on repeat. So now they can listen to rainy day women 12 & 35 as long as they want tooo!!!! i thought they would appreciate that! everybody must get stoned! haha

am i being unreasonable Dr. Laura???
    Are you being unreasonable?

Yes.

Skip the Bob Dylan. Instead do the following.

Put on a CD or multiple CDs with the following musical "artists."

1. Barney the Purple Dinosaur of "I Love You" fame
    2. Yanni . . . anything by him or the pan flute guy
    3. The Best of HeeHaw CD
    4. The Worse of American Idol
    5. Any rap

Proceed to turn up CD player volume past "uncomfortably loud" levels to the "it's so loud my ears are now bleeding" level. Push play button. Leave house.

If police later show up inform them that you must have accidentally set the "automatic play timing button."

------

Of course you could also decide to start up some new hobbies . . . such as forming your very own garage band and practicing at 2 a.m., trying out yodeling or start watching the opera.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Comber
    Though Travelocity and other online reservation systems can seem easy - beware - I have been stuck with a cancellation fee despite requesting to do so a week or more in advance - ugh
    Yeah. You have to be pretty certain of your plans when booking through online travel services. We had a very nice stay at this hotel in New Hampshire this week which we booked through Travelocity.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Are you being unreasonable?

Yes.

Skip the Bob Dylan. Instead do the following.

Put on a CD or multiple CDs with the following musical "artists."

1. Barney the Purple Dinosaur of "I Love You" fame
    2. Yanni . . . anything by him or the pan flute guy
    3. The Best of HeeHaw CD
    4. The Worse of American Idol
    5. Any rap

Proceed to turn up CD player volume past "uncomfortably loud" levels to the "it's so loud my ears are now bleeding" level. Push play button. Leave house.

If police later show up inform them that you must have accidentally set the "automatic play timing button."

------

Of course you could also decide to start up some new hobbies . . . such as forming your very own garage band and practicing at 2 a.m., trying out yodeling or start watching the opera.
    well the rap wouldn't work because they play that just as loud, and the garage band wouldn't work either because they already have a band! that's what caused me to call the police in the first place.... but i do like the auto play excuse... i think i'll have to try that. at what point do you think i should set the building on fire??

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    . at what point do you think i should set the building on fire??
    To paraphrase Sgt. Schultz . . . I see nothing. I hear nothing. I read nothing . . .
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."