vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GPS Darts

Cool.....I knew the technology exisisted and as a parent, I've often wondered why we couldn't implant our kids with a simple, small beacon such as this that can be tracked with a GPS and WaLa... no more lost or stolen kids and a means to track and find them if it did happen. Just a thought. WOW, technology has come a long way in a short time. Is this far-fetched thinking or what??
    What if the Hokey Pokey is what its all about?
    Have Fun & Be Safe!

I think that's a great idea!! but i would like it even more if they put explosive tips on them to 1) end the chase a lot faster 2) make the trial go faster and 3) clear up some space in the jails!!

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty & Co.
    Cool.....I knew the technology exisisted and as a parent, I've often wondered why we couldn't implant our kids with a simple, small beacon such as this that can be tracked with a GPS and WaLa... no more lost or stolen kids and a means to track and find them if it did happen. Just a thought. WOW, technology has come a long way in a short time. Is this far-fetched thinking or what??
    This isn't far fetched at all. Similar technolgy already exists and is being used in the form of RFID tags.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6942751/

RFID tags are commonly implanted in animals, you just need one for your kids, and you are all set.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty & Co.

I tried to put one on my daughter when she was a teen put she kept breaking off the antenna

No, I would not want to have a GPS implanted in me that anyone else can find where I am and where I go. Big Brother knows far too much about me now to let him get even more info on me

Quote Originally Posted by robt
    . Big Brother knows far too much about me now to let him get even more info on me
    LOL!

I may be strange, but I could care less what "big brother" knows about me. Not sure about you, but in my case it would be pretty boring!

Quote Originally Posted by robt
    Big Brother knows far too much about me now
    You can't escape, I'm always watching!

Quote Originally Posted by tat
    You can't escape, I'm always watching!

Sorry Tom, I forgot you would read that one, I meant the government (big Brother) not you. lol........ That is what I get for tring to make a referance to 1984 though

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    LOL!

I may be strange, but I could care less what "big brother" knows about me. Not sure about you, but in my case it would be pretty boring!
    Well it would be petty boring for me too, I just do not like anyon having that much info on me that someone could hack into and use against me.

Default No Way!

There is no way I want a GPS dart on my kids. You know the saying... "Ignorance is Bliss."
    .... or as my mother use to say, "There are some things I choose to ignore."