vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for company this weekend

Default Looking for company this weekend

Gee, after answering Gob-ler’s thread on “what makes a good cache”, I am almost afraid to ask this question.

I am possibly going to be free Sunday and would like to do some geocaching. Is there anyone that is looking possibly for some company Sunday for some geocaching? This of course is providing that the web site server updates go well Saturday night and it does not keep me up all night.

I really do not want to drive a long distance to cache with anyone. What I mean is that I will not drive past Bangor area. I think Bangor would be my limit.
    Blazing Troll

Rick:

There's a pretty good chance I'll be going out in the Pittsfield-Newport area with a friend of my wife who is interested in geo-caching. I figured I might let him use my GPS to find a few of the caches that I have found and do a few of the ones there that I haven't done. Nothing is set in stone yet though.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

I'd like to do Thorn Head Challange, it has been on top of my list for a long long time.

branch pond should be frozen enough again by tomorrow morning, i was hoping to do that one tomorrow, if not im open for doin some caches just about anywhere.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by tat
    I'd like to do Thorn Head Challange, it has been on top of my list for a long long time.
    Thorn Head Challange sounds like a good option. But what are the temps going to be like tomorrow? That is down near the ocean.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    branch pond should be frozen enough again by tomorrow morning, i was hoping to do that one tomorrow, if not im open for doin some caches just about anywhere.
    Take some ice skates or ice creepers . . . unless there's snow on the ice or it has some "texture" you'll find the going pretty rough . . . otherwise you'll end up looking like a newborn deer trying to stand for the first time with your legs going every which way.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

According to the news, it's going to be extemly cold. But I must be getting old because I remember when "extreme cold" was -40 or less! Now, extreme cold is teens and twenties. Sheesh!

Not too cold for me, if you (or anyone else) still wants to do something, let's choose soon!

Thorn Head is on Merrymeeting bay and not really on the ocean. It should be about the same temp as inland, I think.

it wasn't that bad today, I hit the Yankee Woodlot cache and the Goodwill Hinkley cache, it was fiercly windy, but we dresses prepared and it was very bad at all, we had a lot of fun doing the multis and we hit a couple small ones on the way home. So as long as youre prepared its great! and I'll be going again tomorrow! as long as it's not raining i don't have a problem.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by tat
    According to the news, it's going to be extemly cold. But I must be getting old because I remember when "extreme cold" was -40 or less! Now, extreme cold is teens and twenties. Sheesh!

Not too cold for me, if you (or anyone else) still wants to do something, let's choose soon!

Thorn Head is on Merrymeeting bay and not really on the ocean. It should be about the same temp as inland, I think.
    I think if we had one or tow morte takers I would be up for this. It sounds like fun.

Anyone else want to do this? If so we need to know soon so we can start planning. The site we be going down around 10 pm tonight for I don't know how long so we need to know before then.
    Blazing Troll

Well Tom. It looks like no one else wants to do this cache tomorrow. I was hoping to get at least one more person before I committed to doing it.
    Blazing Troll