vb:literal>

Thread: Near death experiance...

Hybrid View

d’76 Guest

Default Near death experiance...

So we are on our way to camp for a 9 day vacation on Friday and It is going to be great. Do all of you remember how windy it was Friday night. Constance and I do. We where on our way to camp (well after dark) and I see a very large shadow coming at us. It was from the air so it wasnt a moose. The tree top hit the road and exploded into peices and hit the truck and as I was tring to avoid a crushing death I ended up spinning the truck sideways and back onto the road. It was very ugly. Groceries, water and the ice auger where air born in the bed of the truck. I have a cap on the truck so all of it stayed in the bed. After I got myself back togeather and the truck situated back in the road I decided to keep going to camp. The next day I went back and checked it out. Somebody had moved the tree out of the road but this will give you some idea of how big it was.

Looks like you were FTF on that tree

Glad you are both OK. That night was so windy, I was losing siding on my house and had a big tree come down in the back yard.

You two are lucky!! Glad you're still with us. We had quite a few trees come down around us. I kinda slept with one eye open that night and my ears wide open. We were fortunate not to have any hit the house. Now its clean-up time and it should be fairly easy without any snow.
    What if the Hokey Pokey is what its all about?
    Have Fun & Be Safe!

glad ya made it back ok i too saw the same thing that night... i looked up and saw the large black thing flying through the air... and it was a moose!!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Wow, glad you're all ok. I was too scared to go far into the woods Sat, but went out Sunday. There were a lot of newly falled trees. Some over 2 feet in diameter.

Holy smokes! Glad you are both ok !!!
    ~ Beach Comber ~