vb:literal>

Thread: Near death experiance...

d’76 Guest

Default Near death experiance...

So we are on our way to camp for a 9 day vacation on Friday and It is going to be great. Do all of you remember how windy it was Friday night. Constance and I do. We where on our way to camp (well after dark) and I see a very large shadow coming at us. It was from the air so it wasnt a moose. The tree top hit the road and exploded into peices and hit the truck and as I was tring to avoid a crushing death I ended up spinning the truck sideways and back onto the road. It was very ugly. Groceries, water and the ice auger where air born in the bed of the truck. I have a cap on the truck so all of it stayed in the bed. After I got myself back togeather and the truck situated back in the road I decided to keep going to camp. The next day I went back and checked it out. Somebody had moved the tree out of the road but this will give you some idea of how big it was.

Looks like you were FTF on that tree

Glad you are both OK. That night was so windy, I was losing siding on my house and had a big tree come down in the back yard.

You two are lucky!! Glad you're still with us. We had quite a few trees come down around us. I kinda slept with one eye open that night and my ears wide open. We were fortunate not to have any hit the house. Now its clean-up time and it should be fairly easy without any snow.
    What if the Hokey Pokey is what its all about?
    Have Fun & Be Safe!

glad ya made it back ok i too saw the same thing that night... i looked up and saw the large black thing flying through the air... and it was a moose!!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Wow, glad you're all ok. I was too scared to go far into the woods Sat, but went out Sunday. There were a lot of newly falled trees. Some over 2 feet in diameter.

Holy smokes! Glad you are both ok !!!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Exclamation Stormy weather

Glad you are both ok. While on our way to Quebec City, Friday night. KK and I ran into a snow storm. Interstate 73 had to be shut down for about 30 minutes while we waited for the plows to lead the way. Lots of cars off the road. But this was the easy part of the trip. Arriving late Friday night I was just happy to have arrived. I put the truck to rest in the hotel garage for the night. I did notice it was a tight fit. Considering I hit the bar, halfway up the windshield, but it fit. It wasn't until we tried to get it out Saturday moring, we realized it wasn't going to fit out the exit. A few minutes later we had to back up and out the entrance. The lot guy.( first day on the new job ) asked Karen " How did you get it in? " " I wasn't driving" . He was very helpful and got a good laugh. He's probally going to be telling the " stupid American guy " story to all his friends. The rest of the trip was GREAT. Only COLD!!!!!! Brrrrrrrrrr.
    Last edited by Team2hunt; 02-21-2006 at 08:22 PM. Reason: clarification of who was STUPID
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

I think there's some kind of rule - like when you hit a deer - that if you get hit with a falling tree, you can keep the firewood.

JUST KIDDING!

Glad you're OK. There were a lot of trees down in this area, too.