vb:literal>

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: GeocachingMaine.org Polo Shirt!

Quote Originally Posted by enfanTerrible
    Hi all, new here and new at Geocaching too. So new I haven't started yet! My dear friend Monty in Nevada put the bug in my ear, and he uses Cafepress for shirts and stuff for his caching group. It might be a viable secondary source for odd sizes and other items. Bear in mind his prices are high because they are trying to raise money for their events. You can check "no profit" if you are not trying to make money on them. CLICK HERE
    We do have shirts for sale right now on Cafepress if anyone is interested. They have always been there. The shirts that Tom is selling are polo shirts the the Maine geocaching logo embroidered on it. You can not get anything embroidered on Cafepress.

If anyone is interested in our shirts on Cafepress you can view them here. All this merchandise is at cost. no one makes a cent on this.
    http://www.skydivergear.com/cgibin/clubgear.cgi/gcmaine
    Blazing Troll

Thank you, I saw that link in an old post and didn't know it was still active!
    ~*There's Tupperware in thum thar hills!*~

Default Not for profit

The embroidered shirt is not being sold for profit, It might help to know how the shirt came to be:

As many of you know, I work in the R&D lab of a company that makes sewing equipment for the bedding industry. Some of our customer's are interested in embroidering their brand labels on their higher priced beds so, we now offer a machine to do just that. Of course, before we can sell them, we need to know a lot about running them. I particularly wanted to know how to take a scanned photo and convert it into an embroidered image. This may sound easy, but there are a lot of things that can go wrong. I started with Nubble Lighthouse. It was a disaster. I tried Mt. Katadin. After crashing my laptop 6 or 7 times, I decided to try something a little easier, the gcmaine.org logo. It came out so good, I made a shirt and wore it to the last event. Several people wanted one. But I was pretty sure that my boss would rather see me working on developing new products and not making shirts! On the way home from the event, it occurred to me that there must be someone local that could do the work
    Most embroiderers charge for digitizing custom logos. I needed to learn how to use our software to digitize logos, so I am not charging for this.

I found am embroiderer in Portland that has machines that use the same software as our machines. They well, of course, be making money on each shirt. If someone wants to look into other sources, please let me know and we can discuss the software requirements. Please act quickly, as I have already promised to have the shirts ready by the end of April.
    Last edited by tat; 03-19-2006 at 09:22 AM. Reason: I'm too uncoordinated to type, and I'll never conform to Webter's method of spelling!

There are people in my sewing club who own embroidery machines. They are quite expensive and it takes a long time to learn the ins and outs. Custom designs are the hardest thing, especially for some of these ladies who have spent their lives sewing and not learning computers. So if you find someone who can do both, you're fortunate!

Welcome to the site!

And thanks for the lead.

Thank you! I'll put a RFQ on our message board, but you may already have your best deal there.

Don't forget, Friday is the last day to order!

Hi tat, we sent you a PM for some shirts.... hopefully we are not too late.

Is it too late to get in on this?

Quote Originally Posted by jeepingirl2
    Is it too late to get in on this?
    Yes - by 2 days!