vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RE: Archived caches

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Hmmm . . . very odd. I never thought about offering to adopt one of their "live" caches . . . I was just thinking about trying to resurrect Headwaters as it is archived.
    I believe Noreasta has replaced this one in the past...

I think I remember this one....I don't recall that it was anything spectacular as far as location goes at all. Anybody else think that? Driving along, driving along, pull off to the side of the road and you are within about 10 feet or so. Maybe a clever hide would work better instead of a micro.

Default Right Cammy

Yes Noreasta has replaced that one twice I believe. After the spring flooding took the cache away. Should be fair game for someone to place a new cache. Not a great location though.
    Happy Trails!

Thumbs up My 2 cents

If the cache has been archived it is as though it never existed. If you want to put aanother one there or nearby, go for it. Unarchiving or placing a new cache needs to go through the same approval process. I don't think you need to consult with the previous owner. All "rights" to the area disappeared when it was archived.

A house is not a home without a cat.

Thumbs up Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Sabby
    If the cache has been archived it is as though it never existed. If you want to put another one there or nearby, go for it. Unarchiving or placing a new cache needs to go through the same approval process. I don't think you need to consult with the previous owner. All "rights" to the area disappeared when it was archived.
    This is GC.com's policy for archived caches. To reactivate is just like placing a new one. Put one near where there was one and go for it.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957
    Yes Noreasta has replaced that one twice I believe. After the spring flooding took the cache away. Should be fair game for someone to place a new cache. Not a great location though.
    That's what I understood as well . . . thought I would place a regular cache somewhere nearby, but not so close to get swept away in the Spring run-off. I may go check out the site . . . seems as though some folks believe it wasn't that great a location anyways . . . never having been there I wasn't aware of this fact.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

On another vein, but somewhat related, vein of thought . . .

For those veteran cachers here I am curious as to what archived cache you are disappointed to see archived. In other words, what archived cache or caches would you like to see re-established some day and why did you like that particular cache?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Of all the caches that I have found which are now archived, my favorite was Nubble cache. The cache was hidden in a scenic spot within sight of Nubble Lighthouse. The cache had the additional challenge of having to be carefully retrieved while in close proximity to many muggles. Unfortunately the cache was hidden near the high tide line and the cache was continuously filled with water and mud. I think that the owner probably placed the cache while on vacation, and as a result was never able to maintain the cache. Of course it was just my 6th or 7th find so maybe I find it more memorable than it actually was.

I noticed a cache near me was archived and had an idea for a "Right in Plain Sight" Cache so I emailed the owner of the archived site and asked if he would be offended if I placed on there. He said it wasn't a problem with him and thanked me for asking. So....A new cache was born.(Or rather, an old one was reborn)

Quote Originally Posted by Slate
    Of all the caches that I have found which are now archived, my favorite was Nubble cache. The cache was hidden in a scenic spot within sight of Nubble Lighthouse. The cache had the additional challenge of having to be carefully retrieved while in close proximity to many muggles. Unfortunately the cache was hidden near the high tide line and the cache was continuously filled with water and mud. I think that the owner probably placed the cache while on vacation, and as a result was never able to maintain the cache. Of course it was just my 6th or 7th find so maybe I find it more memorable than it actually was.
    I have a "thing" for lighthouses and have dragged my poor wife to that lighthouse so many times that she says if I ever take her there again it will be grounds for divorce.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    I have a "thing" for lighthouses and have dragged my poor wife to that lighthouse so many times that she says if I ever take her there again it will be grounds for divorce.
    soooooooooo does that mean you are or you aren't going there again???
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.