vb:literal>

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: RE: Need your help in establishing a list

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    really?!?!?! which number was it?? they're trackable on my super secret geocaching website 555.slkco-wod943ks.duem (the website is encoded... i would tell you what it is but then I would have to kill you... )
    I believe it is the first one you placed. I have been to that site - i knew it would be so top secret that i didn't dare mention my visit to it while we were talking on Saturday.
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Default Silver Ladder #43

Found Ladder 43 at Hermon Pond (GCPWGE) which also came with a Patch. Also have 25 or so other know or suspected sig items that I have found.

There are, so far, ten (10) of my sig Wooden Bucks placed in the wild.
    {Hint (ROT13)=> Gurl fnl MBYGNEHF ba hurz <=end hint}
    So far I have recieved word on only one of them. If you find one and let me know, I will give you the code to log your find on Geocaching.com. It will show up as a Personal Coin in your Coin Finds.
    The Adventure
    Continues . . . .

- Zoltarus

I picked up ladder #4 this weekend. So you can write me down as having that one. I will not pick up another one though. I think signature items should be limited to one per person. Just because it is a different color does not mean you have to run out and get another one of the same signature items. This is defeating the purpose in my opinion. How are others going to have a chance at getting one if you have to have all the different colors. It is a little different if the signature item changes all together. But just because it is a different color. Come on now guys. You are taking this to damn serious now. You guys need to get a real life here.

This is just my opinion. You know what they say about opinions.
    Last edited by attroll; 02-28-2006 at 02:33 AM.
    Blazing Troll

Talking Hey Rick

Now what makes you think I want a real life. I perfectly happy with my fantasy/geocaching/all in my head life that I have. I already had the one ladder that I got a while ago, but I HAD to have the "57" ladder. I have two different sig out there now and would expect people would want both varieties. (Or not ) Doesn't bother me in the least.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by becket
    ffj, i have black ladder #56 ( i picked it up just saturday), gray ladder # 19, natural ladder # 7 and silver ladder # 25. now i am on a quest to find a white ladder! i have far fewer tractors (2). i have multiples of other peoples' sig items, but only if they changed them along the way. (i won't mention that i have 2 bgr fire dept patches to go along with the ladders.)
    Well hold on to those patches as they may actually become collector's items someday since we will be changing our patch sometime this year.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt
    The Team has #23 in silver. I do not remember where we picked it up. Nice signature item. Thanks.
    Fuzzy Teeth . . . I started going through the caches I had found and trying to figure out what I placed where . . . I knew I had placed a silver ladder there but didn't know who took it or even if it was gone from the cache. Thanks for the info.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltarus
    Found Ladder 43 at Hermon Pond (GCPWGE) which also came with a Patch. Also have 25 or so other know or suspected sig items that I have found.

There are, so far, ten (10) of my sig Wooden Bucks placed in the wild.
    {Hint (ROT13)=> Gurl fnl MBYGNEHF ba hurz <=end hint}
    So far I have recieved word on only one of them. If you find one and let me know, I will give you the code to log your find on Geocaching.com. It will show up as a Personal Coin in your Coin Finds.
    This is odd . . . I never placed a ladder in Hermon Pond and according to my records it was originally placed in the You Sank My Battleship Cache. Is it possible you picked it up there since you were the next one after me to find the Battleship cache?

Incidentally I have one of your wooden bucks . . . didn't realize I was supposed to do anything with it.

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    I picked up ladder #4 this weekend. So you can write me down as having that one. I will not pick up another one though. I think signature items should be limited to one per person. Just because it is a different color does not mean you have to run out and get another one of the same signature items. This is defeating the purpose in my opinion. How are others going to have a chance at getting one if you have to have all the different colors. It is a little different if the signature item changes all together. But just because it is a different color. Come on now guys. You are taking this to damn serious now. You guys need to get a real life here.

This is just my opinion. You know what they say about opinions.
    Rick . . . I intentionally have created the series of white, black, gray, silver and unfinished (and in the future will add the even rarer roof ladder, extension ladder and Bangor Ladder) so folks can enjoy collecting just one as you have done or they can continue to look to complete their set.

Trust me on this . . . I'm cranking out as many as I can humanly make(although they do take time) since I like the idea of GCers collecting them and enjoying looking for them (newbies and veterans alike) and I will continue to place them in various caches as long as I can do so to allow many GCers the opportunity to collect them.

As for me I try to limit myself to collecting just one signature item from a GCer unless I realize it is different from a previous signature item . . . the different colored ladders are different from each other though in the fact that they are different colors.

Incidentally I am still kicking myself since one of the very first caches I found had a Parmacheenee Fly and I wasn't collecting signature items at the time and as a result I didn't take it . . . and I have yet to find another one . . . makes the hunt for it a little more fun.

And yes, we all need a real life . . . I mean if we weren't collecting signature items we would probably all be collecting Beanie Babies, McDonald Happy Meal toys or Star Wars memorabilia, right?

BeachComber . . . did I read in another thread that you have Ladder #1? If so what type is it?

I do indeed! It is unfinished wood. I picked it up at Before Lizzie Borden Cache on 9/11/05
    ~ Beach Comber ~