vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RE: Where are they now?

Default RE: Where are they now?

In perusing through some of the archived caches I noticed a heckuva lot of folks that I have never heard from . . . albeit I have been caching for less than a year. It seems as though I see many folks here obviously and you tend to see some folks' screen names repeatedly in caches and cache logs, but then there are some members (premium members or members even with 100+ caches in some cases) that you never seem to hear or see . . . and yet when you check into things you see that they just logged on to gc.com a week or two previously.

Of course there are others that seem like they began actively enough with multiple caches or cache hides and then you see they have had little to no activity . . . or conversely you never see any new hides or finds and yet you see that they last were at gc.com only a few days previously.

What's going on here? Do I just live in a sheltered life? Is it because I haven't gone all over the State yet in my pursuit of thermos, rubbermaid containers and ammo boxes? Is it because they changed their screen name? Inquiring minds want to know.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    In perusing through some of the archived caches I noticed a heckuva lot of folks that I have never heard from . . . albeit I have been caching for less than a year. It seems as though I see many folks here obviously and you tend to see some folks' screen names repeatedly in caches and cache logs, but then there are some members (premium members or members even with 100+ caches in some cases) that you never seem to hear or see . . . and yet when you check into things you see that they just logged on to gc.com a week or two previously.

Of course there are others that seem like they began actively enough with multiple caches or cache hides and then you see they have had little to no activity . . . or conversely you never see any new hides or finds and yet you see that they last were at gc.com only a few days previously.

What's going on here? Do I just live in a sheltered life? Is it because I haven't gone all over the State yet in my pursuit of thermos, rubbermaid containers and ammo boxes? Is it because they changed their screen name? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Many of these folks that you referance may live else where besides maine and I noticed a huge increase in members when we started selling the coins.

one word Jake... okay two words... SPACE ALIENS!!!! and I'll add a third word... ABDUCTIONS!!! it's a GOVERMENT CONSPIRACY!!! okay im up to six... SAVE YOURSELF BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!! I'm not counting those ones...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

FFJ, there is an easy explanation here, Hiram has 75 screen names that he uses randomly to throw us off

Sudonim, that's a stupid idea why would Hiram357 have 75 screen names?? how would he keep track of all of them?? he would probably get all confused and forget which name he's using when replying to posts and screw it all up.... sheesh you really give the guy too much credit.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Default Rotflmao

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim
    FFJ, there is an easy explanation here, Hiram has 75 screen names that he uses randomly to throw us off
    Good one!!
    What if the Hokey Pokey is what its all about?
    Have Fun & Be Safe!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    one word Jake... okay two words... SPACE ALIENS!!!! and I'll add a third word... ABDUCTIONS!!! it's a GOVERMENT CONSPIRACY!!! okay im up to six... SAVE YOURSELF BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!! I'm not counting those ones...
    It's OK Hiram . . . I'm wearing my aluminum foil hat right now as I type so the brain-sucking, anal-probing aliens won't be able to abduct me.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

So does anyone have any other valid explanations besides Dave . . . incidentally Dave many of these members were geocaching well before the coins came out so I don't know if that answers my questions.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    So does anyone have any other valid explanations besides Dave . . . incidentally Dave many of these members were geocaching well before the coins came out so I don't know if that answers my questions.
    Give us a couple of the names you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Give us a couple of the names you're talking about.

Well here are just a few of the geo-cachers with 100 or so caches to their name . . . so it appears as though they were pretty serious about geo-caching at one time. Some folks have checked into gc.com as recently as today and for others it's been over a year.

kb1aes
    bobndeb
    n1uly & cricket's song
    Rabbit and Turtle
    One Step
    Team Dakota and Cherokee

And then there are others such as Cache Buccaneers that doesn't appear to be finding, placing or even maintaining his cache and yet it appears as though he (and others) were at gc.com as recently as a few weeks ago.

I'm very confused.