vb:literal>

Thread: Travel Bug Hotels

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by FuddsGirls
    I think that sometimes a post like this comes from a specific incident.
    No, I repeat that I see this quite often. No particular cacher or specific incident. Goto the listing for any bug hotel, click on "See the history" of the TB's that have been in the cache, and you'll see many entries that support my concern.

Not that it has a direct bearing to this thread, but I released my first official TB today in Bangor. I was going to set it loose in Waterville and hope that Haffy could snap a picture of it to post on-line, but I figured with the anniversary date of the Great Bangor Fire (April 30, 1911) it would make more sense to start it off there.

Incidentally, I not only attached a laminated sheet listing out its goals (to travel to areas with "Great Fires" and "Great Disasters" . . . I even listed out some specific areas such as Peshtigo, Wisconsin for example), but I also included a short history about the Bangor Ladder. All this made it a bit bulkier than most TBs I've seen, but I thought it would add to the TB experience.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."