Hmmm . . . guess I should listen to my little voice more often. I sent an e-mail to a veteran firefighter in Ellsworth along with my log from the Fitz Cache in Ellsworth and a simple question as to whether I was nuts or not. Here's his reply.

------

Both rest areas in Ellsworth are known for homosexual activity. DOT hasn't opened the Bangor Road area and I believe has plans to remove it, I thought that was also the plan for the Bucksport Road one as well but I see they have opened it again. Local law enforcement is aware of the issue but hasn't been able to stop it. I used to exercise the apparatus and use that area for a turn around, it was a great place to "test" the air horn or siren.
I would suggest posting that info on the geocaching web site. I haven't heard of any unwanted advances from the "users" but I agree it's not a place for families.

-----------------

I'm not saying folks shouldn't do this cache and I am not saying anything illegal is going on and I certainly wouldn't take a moral stand on same sex or even opposite sex "relationships" . . . I did think this was something useful to know though.