I am all for being nice and staying away from an area where anyone is known to be hunting. But people hunt all over the state all year long. Do we just ban all caches in any woods open to hunting? Sheesh! I can understand a guide getting upset anyone is endangering his income. But assuming neither party owns or has explicit permission to be there, cachers could have as much right to ask that the guide move his hunts away from the cache area.

I agree with Kevin, the odds of a bear attack solely because you have cookies is slim to none, even more so when you are talking loudly. In fact, if the cachers remained as quiet as could be as the guide requests, they would be endangering themselves more - the bears are less apt to be scared off, and the hunters are less likely to know they are there.

Again, I am all for being respectful when I know someone is hunting in an area, but I'm not sure I'd post anything on my cache page unless I had a request directly from the landowner. And even then, I would lean towards disabling it during the specified hunting season as some cache owners do with their caches.