vb:literal>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do You Need Landowner Permission To Place A Cache?

Quote Originally Posted by Opalsns View Post
    They WERE from Canada and I don't know their names or I wouldn't have used the term Canadian Cachers, AND , I am not acusing Any Canadian Cachers of Anything. I'm just referencing to the " Rush and Trample" approach we saw that day. I have never seen it before or again.!!
    We've seen that type of behavior before - and it isn't limited to Canadians.

And before anyone gets their Granny Panties in a giant wadd......

They WERE from Canada and I don't know their names or I wouldn't have used the term Canadian Cachers, AND , I am not acusing Any Canadian Cachers of Anything. I'm just referencing to the " Rush and Trample" approach we saw that day. I have never seen it before or again.!!

Opalsns
    Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    We've seen that type of behavior before - and it isn't limited to Canadians.
    Bruce,
    Next time you Quote my post, Please,READ IT FIRST!!!!!!

I said I wasn't Acusing Canadians!!!!!!

You totally Ran all around my point and Trampled my intentions ......

HHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmm ?????????

I think Bruce was agreeing with you, backing your claim that actions such as this are not limited to Canadians. That is the way I took it.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

By submitting a cache listing, you assure us that you have adequate permission to hide your cache in the selected location.
    The guidelines do not make a distiction between public and private land. By placing a cache, you assure Groundspeak and all geocachers that you have adequate permission to hide your cache regardless of where it is hidden.
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I think Bruce was agreeing with you, backing your claim that actions such as this are not limited to Canadians. That is the way I took it.

Oh Ok , I thought the Mad faces ment he was mad at me for saying Canada.

So Sorry Bruce,

I get it now,
    Thank You Brdad,
    anyway, It really surprised me.
    At first I thought they were going for an FTF or something, but that's an old cache.
    It just made caching near them unpleasent.

Bruce,
    Next time you Quote my post, Please,READ IT FIRST!!!!!!

I said I wasn't Acusing Canadians!!!!!!

You totally Ran all around my point and Trampled my intentions ......
    No - I'm sorry, but I didn't. You took my comment wrong.

OK - read the next 2 comments. My "mad" faces were directed at this type of caching behavior, and not at any specific person or nationality.

In fact, I was reinforcing Crow's condemnation of the "rush and trample" approach, not criticizing her comment.

At a fishing spot in Boothbay....I sat on the rocks well away from GZ to protect integrity should someone come along. Sure enough....an out of State car pulled up and one of us gave the muggle alert in time before a couple jumped out. The guy looking at his brand new 60csx walked right over to where it was.....then yelled....it's missing. I was appalled and almost didn't speak up. I said "you looking for this"!? He came over and signed the log. Then went into talking about 356 finds on his 90th day of caching. Then went into bragging about stealth and showed us his tools of the game. I about laughed in his face... though remained polite. I gave him some friendly and subtle reminders before he tore off down the road, after stating his Goal before the sun went down in an hour. He didn't care about the caches.......only the numbers. I was glad I spoke up about how much we Mainers love our caches, and our ethical/careful practices on All caches, not just the micro/nanos in the city. Reminders can be a wonderful thing......... though delivery often makes the difference of how well it's received, if at all.
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

Again, it seems I have assisted in pushing this thread away from cache permission - Sorry, Hollora. I have created a new thread titled What makes an irresponsible cacher / cache hider? in hopes this part of the discussion can be moved over there and this one can be brought back to cache permission, which is an important topic IMO.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

ooops......ty for the reminder. And thank you for creating what could be a fun and interesting thread
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!