vb:literal>

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Maine Geocoin

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Here we go again!!! Another 2 more months before a decision is made...
    Sheesh! As I recall - even with my aging memory - this was one of the reasons we established an "Advisory Board". LOL!

Here we go again!!! Another 2 more months before a decision is made...

It's Been a Year, What's 2 more months?????LOL!!!

Seems I missed the color ( or the lack there of..) vote. LOL!!

< that wasn't poor english, was it? >

Anyway, If that's what Hide From The Kids Designed and what was voted for, So Be It...

... I'll Take 3 ...

Opalsns

Angry

It seems to me the decision was made, and to me it's depressing that some of the people who seemed to approve of the design or at minimal didn't express a dislike of the design suddenly decide there is a need for changes.

Personally, I like the colored border on the back. Since the state outline is reversed on the back, the colored border is the highlight of the back. Added color on the front might be ok (I like metal coins to look like metal), but if anyone wanted it why didn't they express this concern earlier in the 363 days since the design below was originally submitted for discussion?

The board worked out a time line for the submissions, and had it posted online as well as in the newsletter. I don't recall as it was 100% timely, but it happened. Andy ran into a few delays which gave everyone even more time to think the design over.

I say we run this design and if anyone is interested in a 2011 coin we should get the ball rolling on that project once this coin is ordered.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    It seems to me the decision was made, and to me it's depressing that some of the people who seemed to approve of the design or at minimal didn't express a dislike of the design suddenly decide there is a need for changes.

Personally, I like the colored border on the back. Since the state outline is reversed on the back, the colored border is the highlight of the back. Added color on the front might be ok (I like metal coins to look like metal), but if anyone wanted it why didn't they express this concern earlier in the 363 days since the design below was originally submitted for discussion?

The board worked out a time line for the submissions, and had it posted online as well as in the newsletter. I don't recall as it was 100% timely, but it happened. Andy ran into a few delays which gave everyone even more time to think the design over.

I say we run this design and if anyone is interested in a 2011 coin we should get the ball rolling on that project once this coin is ordered.

Well, Since a first change was mentioned a couple of days ago, and you didn't post about it till now,,
    I'll guess that your posting to me as usual . LOL!!!

So Sorry your all depressed about it, but,

With All do respect to Hide From The Kids...

I didn't vote for this coin.
    Sorry !

Opalsns

I just say get the coin done with what we have and if anyone in here can get it done any better than Andy has these past coins then let them have at it....sheesh!!!! I thought the coin design was decided on months ago as well.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

I just say get the coin done with what we have and if anyone in here can get it done any better than Andy has these past coins then let them have at it....sheesh!!!!
    Sheesh is right! I've said it before, and I'll keep saying it until I'm dead: Andy has done a great job. People don't understand that a geocoin project isn't just sending a design to a manufacturer. It also includes collecting money and distributing coins, which is a HUGE job.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I say we run this design ...
    Which is just my point! There should be NO further public discussion on the design. The decision was made months ago, and any discussion about possible problems with the design should be done in the Advisory Board thread.

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    What is up with the black? What happened to the hammered black finish?
    Personally I do not lie the black.

Sorry, I was mistaken, I thought Rick had brought it up 2 days ago .
    He's an advisery Board Member. I thought there as an open discussion.
    Nobody posts anything untill I say something? Wierd?
    HMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm.
    Like I said before..
    If That was the chosen design,
    So Be It.
    I'll take 3

Gotta agree with these guys. Andy has done fine, despite having to wear a target. I,for one, am looking forward to getting my first Maine Geocaching coins.

Originally Posted by Haffy
    I just say get the coin done with what we have and if anyone in here can get it done any better than Andy has these past coins then let them have at it....sheesh!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh is right! I've said it before, and I'll keep saying it until I'm dead: Andy has done a great job. People don't understand that a geocoin project isn't just sending a design to a manufacturer. It also includes collecting money and distributing coins, which is a HUGE job.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Sheesh, Me Too!!!!!!
    And I don't think anyone said he did an awful job. Sheesh! Just that it took awhile.
    And I believe Sudonum said he had some things he had to do that compromised his time on the coin , Maybe that's why people offered to help him?????
    It's true, It takes alot to take on a coin project, that's why someone could of helped the poor guy out!
    Maybe , with too many people telling him what a great job he's doing and how he can handle it all, maybe he doesn't think he should ask for help. Maybe he feels it's his responsibility.
    Also, I think he had several offers of help in this Challenge, but he chose not to take any.

Any hoo .....

I'll take 3

Opalsns