vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kayaking Flagstaff

Default Kayaking Flagstaff

Just a heads up to anyone interested....I plan to go to Eustis on Saturday to do the five Flagstaff caches ....plus whatever else in the area I haven't done yet. Might be interested in staying over night and doing a "A view of Flagstaff " on Cranberry Peak. I'm a early riser so will be on the road by 5-5:30 am puts me in Eustis by 7:30 unless I find a cache on the way. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Dang - Brad, Mike and I will be on the move from Bangor area around 5:30A but kayaking is not in the plans. We will be doing that for/around the event in September.

Thanks for the invite - perhaps someone will take you up on this one.........so, they we will have a phone-a-friend??!! LOL

The Useless Event is one I sure am looking forward to attending! Woot!

Default Flagstaff Lake

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    Just a heads up to anyone interested....I plan to go to Eustis on Saturday to do the five Flagstaff caches ....plus whatever else in the area I haven't done yet. Might be interested in staying over night and doing a "A view of Flagstaff " on Cranberry Peak. I'm a early riser so will be on the road by 5-5:30 am puts me in Eustis by 7:30 unless I find a cache on the way. Let me know if anyone is interested.
    My last Flagstaff Lake island cache (for this year) just went out, #6. It hasn't been published yet but will be by this weekend I'm sure. So remember to include that one.

All told, there are now 14 caches either on the shore of the lake, very close to it, or on the islands. So if you're coming, try for all 14.

E-mail me for a list if you can't get to the count of 14 by yourself.
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Unhappy unintentionally hijacking

Had to post that Aaron and I would LOVE to join you on such an adventure, and we're early risers too, but there's still good news: we got an apartment in Bangor!!! And we'll be moving this weekend, so that's why we can't join you...
    We're really excited to be moving further north to our "playground", but we will miss the cachers in the south who've become good friends!
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post
    Had to post that Aaron and I would LOVE to join you on such an adventure, and we're early risers too, but there's still good news: we got an apartment in Bangor!!! And we'll be moving this weekend, so that's why we can't join you...
    We're really excited to be moving further north to our "playground", but we will miss the cachers in the south who've become good friends!
    Boy, I hope you picked an apartment with half decent landlords...

Sorry Vic, I have to work. Have fun and we can't wait to hear how it goes!

Wink now I'm really hijacking!

Quote Originally Posted by Cache Maine View Post
    Boy, I hope you picked an apartment with half decent landlords...

Sorry Vic, I have to work. Have fun and we can't wait to hear how it goes!
    yeah I know, you should have seen Allyson's face when she realized Aaron = Hiram! hahaha we had already signed the lease muhahahaha
    Really, I'm very excited, Dave and Allyson have a lot in common with us, I think it'll work out great!
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

yeah I know, you should have seen Allyson's face when she realized Aaron = Hiram! hahaha we had already signed the lease muhahahaha
    Really, I'm very excited, Dave and Allyson have a lot in common with us, I think it'll work out great!
    Yep, I'm sure you will get used to that very loud siren that goes off when there is a fire call. You would think that David would have installed that across the street at Station 6, but it's just another case of taking work home with you. LOL

(Have fun Vic!)

Do you guys need help moving this weekend? I'm already committed on Saturday to an ATV Club event (riding in Plymouth), but should be free in the evening and all day on Sunday . . . I actually thought you guys were planning on moving on the 26-27th according to Aaron (at least that was the PM he sent explaining that the camping trip that weekend was off.)
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Do you guys need help moving this weekend? I'm already committed on Saturday to an ATV Club event (riding in Plymouth), but should be free in the evening and all day on Sunday . . . I actually thought you guys were planning on moving on the 26-27th according to Aaron (at least that was the PM he sent explaining that the camping trip that weekend was off.)
    we're moving as much as we can now, the big stuff next weekend, small stuff and cleaning now, we've got a lot of crap...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    we're moving as much as we can now, the big stuff next weekend, small stuff and cleaning now, we've got a lot of crap...
    Ah, OK . . . so I should still keep next weekend (not this weekend) free to help move/haul stuff then? My offer to use my snowmobile/ATV/Friends-Are-Moving trailer stands . . .

Incidentally, since we've totally hijacked this thread as we often do . . .

Congratulations to Medawisla and her new job.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."