vb:literal>

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: The CENTUM Challenge, GC1KCQW

Default Now you tell me.

Now you tell me. Where were you a couple of days ago?

Just to stir things up even more, if you read some of the great logs and posts about this thing I created. These are not that easy to do. You can get stuck out there at a dead end.

Not all roads lead to The Okeydokey Mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    Mike you do understand that the object was to FIND 100 caches in a day, not to PLACE 100 caches in a day.

Not to be-little your efforts, but now anyone can grab 100 caches in a day. It is now no longer a challenge.

I'm sorry that I feel this way, but as most that know me I do state my feelings. When I did the Centum with Kathie and Sudonim it took us 13.5 hours. We did it quickly compared to others. When we were done it felt like we accomplished a challenge.

You're a good guy Mike and I applaud you for long hard work putting out this monumental number of caches. As for Cano, he must think he is in heaven with all the FTF opportunities. I'm guessing he is still out there somewhere, finishing them up. Good for him....

Thanks Mike! I can't imagine placing that many caches and getting them right!!! That's worth logging the Centrum just by itself!! We look forward to doing them. I would recommend doing them on the weekend though as the Stud Mill Rd. is VERY heavily traveled by pulp trucks and work trucks during the week. They don't slow down!
    Wandering with a purpose!

I was out there in good weather in between two rain days and it wasn't too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by parmachenee View Post
    Thanks Mike! I can't imagine placing that many caches and getting them right!!! That's worth logging the Centrum just by itself!! We look forward to doing them. I would recommend doing them on the weekend though as the Stud Mill Rd. is VERY heavily traveled by pulp trucks and work trucks during the week. They don't slow down!
    I meant Centum. Keyboard got in the way!

Default Let's do it!

We've decided to do the challenge Saturday, June 20th. I'm studying the best approach at this time. If anyone wants to join us in a day of caching on the Stud Mill Rd., we would love to have you. Bring food, beverages and a good writing hand. If anyone is interested and/or has a good plan of attack, we will look forward to hearing from you. We will be there regardless.

Default Stud Mill Road

Did someone say "wilderness", and "logging road" and "moose" ?? I'll be there! Not sure when but I'll definitely be there. Thanks!
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Default Wow, nice job

You are tempting me, but since you found a bike... can you test out the bike challenge part first? LOL .... just teasing!

You are a very ambitious man Mike! 100 caches. Whoa. The only complaint I have is you went into a few areas I had been making some plans around. GRRRRR! Shoulda bought it when I sawd it.......!

Where the hell is that thing?

The best suggestion I can think of is go at it from the Crawford end. This way the gas gage wont be such a concern near the end of your trip.

Another thing would be bug spray. Everything people see out here is a lot bigger than normal. That includes the bugs.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    The best suggestion I can think of is go at it from the Crawford end. This way the gas gage wont be such a concern near the end of your trip.

Another thing would be bug spray. Everything people see out here is a lot bigger than normal. That includes the bugs.
    I agree on both counts! And Saturday and Sunday, June 20 and 21, will be the longest days of the year! More daylight hours to accomplish the task.