vb:literal>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chick HIll and Atv Ride

Wandering from the topic again...

Anyone wanted one of those Kolpin flat fuel packs and just about choked on the nearly $100 price tag? They now have competition!

Check out this company:
    www.rotopax.com

They offer both a single, flat, 4 gallon container (much like Kolpin's) AND smaller 2 gallon containers. The 2 gallon cans can be stored separately or be locked together to form a single 4 gallon container. To top that, they offer the 2 gallon containers in a number of other colors so you could chose to pack 1 fuel/1 water or any combo you can think of; red (fuel), dark blue (diesel), light blue (water), yellow (kerosene), and mixed gas (green). Someone did a little market research and creative thinking!!

** The coupon deal I had mentioned here is no longer available**
    These are still a great product and a direct competitor for Kolpin with, I think, some better features.
    How come we choose from just two people to run for president and 50 for Miss America?

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bgrffdave View Post

Anyone wanted one of those Kolpin flat fuel packs and just about choked on the nearly $100 price tag? They now have competition!

Check out this company:
    www.rotopax.com

They offer both a single, flat, 4 gallon container (much like Kolpin's) AND smaller 2 gallon containers. The 2 gallon cans can be stored separately or be locked together to form a single 4 gallon container. To top that, they offer the 2 gallon containers in a number of other colors so you could chose to pack 1 fuel/1 water or any combo you can think of; red (fuel), dark blue (diesel), light blue (water), yellow (kerosene), and mixed gas (green). Someone did a little market research and creative thinking!!

Now, here's the secret... I've found a coupon code that gives you 50% off!!
    (In the shopping cart use coupon code 69050)

I just couldn't pass up a fuel pack like that for $50 shipped and wanted to share this opportunity. I don't know how long the coupon will be good but if you're interested, give it a shot and good luck!

Nice to meet you guys tonight. Its a gorgous place you have out there. I have one of those fuel cells very similar to those only I got mine from Automtic dist. It works awesome along with the siphon hose with the marble in it, its a great rig. I think mine holds either 2.5 or 3 gallons. I have only had to use it a few times. But that much riding can be hard on the body. LOL

Check out this company:
    www.rotopax.com

Now, here's the secret... I've found a coupon code that gives you 50% off!!
    (In the shopping cart use coupon code 69050)

I just couldn't pass up a fuel pack like that for $50 shipped and wanted to share this opportunity. I don't know how long the coupon will be good but if you're interested, give it a shot and good luck!
    I'm a real cheap . . . I mean frugal . . . Yankee. I bought a couple of small gas tanks (about 1 or 2 gallons in size). While I don't ordinarily ride with them I will pack them along on longer rides. I stick them in my front, custom-built (but built cheaply by my cousin) basket. To keep them from sloshing around I bungy them down and use some foam pool noodles that I have cut apart. It actually works pretty well.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    I'm a real cheap . . . I mean frugal . . . Yankee. I bought a couple of small gas tanks (about 1 or 2 gallons in size). While I don't ordinarily ride with them I will pack them along on longer rides. I stick them in my front, custom-built (but built cheaply by my cousin) basket. To keep them from sloshing around I bungy them down and use some foam pool noodles that I have cut apart. It actually works pretty well.
    Someone told me they saw you picking those noodles up off the side of I-95! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Someone told me they saw you picking those noodles up off the side of I-95! LOL
    Well I would hesitate to do such a thing due to the inherent danger of all those fast-moving vehicles . . . but maybe if it was off the side of Rt. 9.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Sorry folks... the coupon deal for those fuel packs is over.
    How come we choose from just two people to run for president and 50 for Miss America?

Sorry folks... the coupon deal for those fuel packs is over.
    Kinda like slick deals.com; woot and many others - snooze you loose. Thanks for posting.

Woot - maybe that's an idea for a thread - GeoFolks - Deals of Interest........