vb:literal>

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stolen Cache - Parts Pieces - Whole Thing Gone

Is the larger population area part of the blame? I was just in Boston last weekend (to watch the Sox lose 8-1 ) I looked for 3 different caches and none of the were still there. It looks like there are not a lot of caches to be had. (North Boston has maybe 10, North Augusta has about 60) I've never tried urban caching before and I wonder if it's too hard to maintain.

Quote Originally Posted by fins2right View Post
    Is the larger population area part of the blame? I was just in Boston last weekend (to watch the Sox lose 8-1 ) I looked for 3 different caches and none of the were still there. It looks like there are not a lot of caches to be had. (North Boston has maybe 10, North Augusta has about 60) I've never tried urban caching before and I wonder if it's too hard to maintain.
    Well, population has nothing to do with this Orrington issue - we have 3,600 people at the most. Chatanooga TN is a large city and they were plenty down there (in place too).

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Well, population has nothing to do with this Orrington issue - we have 3,600 people at the most. Chatanooga TN is a large city and they were plenty down there (in place too).
    My fault, I guess I read your post wrong. I thought you were referring to the TN cache getting torn up. I always thought Orrington was filled with Doctors and Lawyers. I guess you have a few fools as well. Not that lawyers wouldn't get drunk and tear posts out of the ground every once in a while.

My fault, I guess I read your post wrong. I thought you were referring to the TN cache getting torn up. I always thought Orrington was filled with Doctors and Lawyers. I guess you have a few fools as well. Not that lawyers wouldn't get drunk and tear posts out of the ground every once in a while.
    I'm more inclined to think it's a kid who belongs to a doctor or lawyer. If someone took it for their electrical project - unless they are putting in an Air Conditioner they are in for a surprise = wrong kind of box. LOL

Orrington? I used to live in Orrington a long time ago. My dad built a bunch of stuff there. The general store at the blinking light, the hardware/lumber store next to it that's something else now and a bunch of houses down that road and all the houses on the road on the other side of the store. He has since downsized and moved to FL.

Default Careful!

Not a great idea to stereotype anybody in particular on this site. It will surprise you the diversity of the folks who play this game and play it according to the rules. Even this lawyer, by way of example. In all groups, there are good and bad. I've represented priests, mayors and yes, even police officers, all who have run afoul of the law. Whoever is ripping up the caches suffers from some mental disorder or is just another idiot who has nothing better to do with his or her life then destroy things. Like LA (hollora), I have already lost a few TB's and geocoins to the dark side but I won't let that stop me from playing within the rules of the game, and common sense. Just submitted 5 new caches today. Some have some very decent goodies, even a new MP3 player. I hope all these things end up in a good place but if they don't, I'll keep playing.

But if you have a good lawyer "joke", let's hear it! I love 'em all!

Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    But if you have a good lawyer "joke", let's hear it! I love 'em all!
    A man went to a brain store to get some brain to complete a study. He sees a sign remarking on the quality of professional brain offerred at this particular brain store. He begins to question the butcher about the cost of these brains.

"How much does it cost for engineer brain?"

"Three dollars an ounce."

"How much does it cost for programmer brain?"

"Four dollars an ounce."

"How much for lawyer brain?"

"$1,000 an ounce."

"Why is lawyer brain so much more?"

"Do you know how many lawyers we had to kill to get one ounce of brain?"

I'm sure you've heard em all though Dan,,,
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Dan, I knew I'd get a response from that. Where did you say the MP3 player was?
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Quote Originally Posted by ltlindian View Post
    Orrington? I used to live in Orrington a long time ago. My dad built a bunch of stuff there. The general store at the blinking light, the hardware/lumber store next to it that's something else now and a bunch of houses down that road and all the houses on the road on the other side of the store. He has since downsized and moved to FL.
    Interesting and a small World - there is a little plaza across from that store (which is now a Mobil on the Run) now. We even have a Dunkin' Donuts. Lots of building down here and loads of new houses in mid to high 6 figures. Everyone likes out school and "choice" of high school - plus - low taxes for the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Opalsns View Post
    Hmmmm, taking TBs and not leaving one for the next cacher, hmmmm.
    Reminds me of a thread ,several months back , reguarding cachers taking TBs and not leaving one for the next cacher, hmmm, who was that?
    OPALSNS!!!!
    You don't like me and I don't like you, that much is clear. But there is a big difference between a TB HOTEL where most people just want TB's in it, and a cache that has 3 in it and they have been sitting there for 6 months. If you ever come across 2 of my TB's in a cache, please take them both and move them to a new cache or two so I will get a pleasing email to see that they have moved and I can track them. It's not like I collect TB's and take them to events just to show. When I take one or more out of cache (with either a trade for TB's, swag, or cash) I place them in a new cache within a week. How is this not leaving any for other people? I thought the point of TB's was to travel. Isn't that what the T stands for. Whether it be in one cache or another, they are available to find. I just left a TB in a cache and when I came home to log it, I saw that in 12 months time, only 3 people had been to that cache. How long do you think that TB is going to sit? Winter is coming and the cache isn't located with 5 others nearby. I hope for the TB owners sake, someone like me comes along and takes it and any others in the cache and moves them. I did notice at a cache on the turnpike last year at the pirate event, someone with the initials BB that you might know, took a TB out of the cache and left nothing. When I went back to the computer log later to copy it, the log had been deleted. I wonder what that was about?