vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tread Lightly-2008

Thumbs up Tread Lightly-2008

Just wanted to let everyone know how much fun we had at the event this year. Can't understand why more cachers didnt show up, maybe the rain scared everyone off. The weekend was not that bad, the food was great, the company even better. The pancake breakfast on sunday morning was awesome,,,,right Jake?? Our Thanks to to everyone involved, hope to make the next one!! It was really nice seeing everyone there. Happy Caching to all!! "Dave and Gail" and Shamis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave and Gail View Post
    Just wanted to let everyone know how much fun we had at the event this year. Can't understand why more cachers didnt show up, maybe the rain scared everyone off. The weekend was not that bad, the food was great, the company even better. The pancake breakfast on sunday morning was awesome,,,,right Jake?? Our Thanks to to everyone involved, hope to make the next one!! It was really nice seeing everyone there. Happy Caching to all!! "Dave and Gail" and Shamis
    Which breakfast . . . the one I had earlier in the morning at the restaurant or the one Hiram cooked up? And yes, I'm kidding.

Next year let's actually do more off road caching though.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

I'm glad everyone that wasn't scared of the (once again dead wrong) weather reports and showed up had a good time. Maybe we can do a TL 2008: 2.0 and head back to some of those aefuss caches.

Once again the event was tons of fun, and the prizes just get better every year!

i think next year we'll have to make sure the breakfast is someplace safe before we go to bed so it doesn't get "stolen" again...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    I'm glad everyone that wasn't scared of the (once again dead wrong) weather reports and showed up had a good time. Maybe we can do a TL 2008: 2.0 and head back to some of those aefuss caches.

Once again the event was tons of fun, and the prizes just get better every year!

i think next year we'll have to make sure the breakfast is someplace safe before we go to bed so it doesn't get "stolen" again...
    Hey . . . I have a reputation to uphold of getting up early while everyone else is asleep, grabbing some caches and then coming back . . . I didn't want to disappoint everyone by not doing so this year . . . it's a TL tradition.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    ....... Maybe we can do a TL 2008: 2.0 and head back to some of those aefuss caches. ..................
    Yeah, it would be fun, if the weather holds, for a bunch to car pool and go get some of those in a 2008: 2.0 Tread Lightly. With a couple of folks to help with fuel per vehicle - and a well planned itinerary - it may be doable. But we have to get up on Jake's clock to leave the Bangor area to make this work. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Yeah, it would be fun, if the weather holds, for a bunch to car pool and go get some of those in a 2008: 2.0 Tread Lightly. With a couple of folks to help with fuel per vehicle - and a well planned itinerary - it may be doable. But we have to get up on Jake's clock to leave the Bangor area to make this work. LOL
    yes, and all the breakfast would have to stay in your truck!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

I wished I could have been at TL, but I did the next best thing. After my brother's wedding (not Robt's ), I talked my nephew and his son into atv riding in mountains north of Yellowstone. After 3 years of DNF's I finally have Garnet Mountain cache, only to have a two new DNF's this year on Pioneer Lakes Challenge. Oh well, there's always next year.

I have a TL TB for Euseless!
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post
    I wished I could have been at TL, but I did the next best thing. After my brother's wedding (not Robt's ), I talked my nephew and his son into atv riding in mountains north of Yellowstone. After 3 years of DNF's I finally have Garnet Mountain cache, only to have a two new DNF's this year on Pioneer Lakes Challenge. Oh well, there's always next year.

I have a TL TB for Euseless!
    I bet riding ATVs out there must be incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post
    I wished I could have been at TL, but I did the next best thing. After my brother's wedding...
    Robt is getting married???!!!
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    I bet riding ATVs out there must be incredible.
    Only if you like side-hilling, rock scrambling, steep! Of course, there are the deer, eagles and elk too. Other than that, it's just the rock cliffs, high mountain lakes and a little snow!
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.