vb:literal>

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: WhereRWe? & RULOST2?'s Travelogue

What? Don't you know you can just replace the 'missing' cache with a film can and log sheet where you think the cache should have been and log it as a find?????????

Looking at the pic, that's a pretty small cache, and attractive enough for some kid to take it home with them if they spotted it.

You can always sell the Dirhams on ebay and recoup some of your money.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Wink OK Dave....

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    What? Don't you know you can just replace the 'missing' cache with a film can and log sheet where you think the cache should have been and log it as a find?????????
    That reference may be lost on some of the newer members. Or maybe all of the newer members.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    That reference may be lost on some of the newer members. Or maybe all of the newer members.
    Well, they are welcome to join newbie chat tonight and ask for clarification.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Well, they are welcome to join newbie chat tonight and ask for clarification.
    Sheesh! I didn't understand it either but 8:00 PM tonight for you guys is 2:00 AM tomorrow for me! LOL!

That's OK - I've just finished making reservations for our 3-day trip to Portugal, and have been corresponding with PJPreb's friends who have been very helpful in suggesting hotels. We expect to meet with them on Thursday.

But here are a couple of pictures from Tangier:

1. RULOST2? on the waterfront in front of the hotel.
    2. RULOST2? and our guide (the tour guide spoke very little English, s she called another guide who did. We had our own personal tour guide!)
    3. RULOST2? and baby camel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0432.JPG 
Views:	319 
Size:	921.3 KB 
ID:	297   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0434.JPG 
Views:	313 
Size:	1,007.6 KB 
ID:	298   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0438.JPG 
Views:	303 
Size:	872.5 KB 
ID:	299  

Just back from our 3-day trip to Portugal, where we visited the southern coastal Algarve region, and then the capitol, Lisbon. In Lisbon, we met up with Hugo, a well known Portugese cacher and cyber friend of Maine cachers Pjpreb. When they heard that we planned a trip to Portugal, Pjpreb had asked us to take one of their signature items to Hugo. Mission accomplished! What was also interesting was that Hugo mentioned Brdad, as he had corresponded with him several times on caching subjects. Hugo has visited the US before, and may visit again this summer. We hope we persuaded him to visit Maine. (We never though to get a picture of us with Hugo!)

But caching in Portugal is like caching in the US "used to be" - no lightpost or guardrail caches, and the scenery is GREAT! I'm including a couple of pictures at cache locations:

1. At the Beja Castle cache.
    2. Aqueduct cache in Lisbon.

(The cache descriptions are in English and are very interesting.)

Now back in Spain, with 2 days left on our vacation, we wonder where the time went. Upon arrival, we wondered what we'd do for 3 weeks. Now, we wish we had 3 weeks more. Sheesh!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000142.JPG 
Views:	302 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	300   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aqueduct Cache, Lisbon.JPG 
Views:	308 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	301  

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    (We never though to get a picture of us with Hugo!)
    Well, fortunately for you, our hidden cameras caught Hugo when you weren't looking. I can't quite tell if he's trying to get a kiss from you or your wife, however.

DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

Well, all good things must come to an end. We're approaching the last evening of our trip, and early tomorrow morning will be making a LONG 18 hour trip back to Bangor.

We've had a great time. If I can convey anything to those who have read our travelogue, it is to GET OUT AND TRAVEL! I've been to the 4 corners of our country, from Maine to Hawaii, and from Miami to Seattle. And we've visited almost every country in western Europe, half the provinces in Canada, and Mexico as well.

Don't be afraid of foreign languages or foods you can't identify. Pointing and holding up fingers is a universal language. And if the food doesn't look weird, it probably isn't.

Sheesh! Get out and enjoy it!

Default Just be careful...

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Pointing and holding up fingers is a universal language.

Just be careful who you point at. And be extra careful which finger you hold up.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    Just be careful who you point at. And be extra careful which finger you hold up.
    You're right - it IS a universal language! LOL!

Thanks for the Travelogue Bruce . . . enjoyed reading about them . . . and you even thought enough to include some pics of monkeys!
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."