vb:literal>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2011 maine geocoin

I believe what you need is a " Dead Line"

1. Entries - 1 month

2. Votes - 1 week

3.Winner - as is no changes

But the magic would be Sticking to the dead line AND have pics sent to vender That Day.
    And Posting Progress at least once a week, wether there is news or not.

Opalsns

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    The Advisory Board was established for just the purpose you stated - to make decisions for GeocachingMaine.org. Saying that "they shouldn't have to make a decision on it" is incorrect.
    i was told (by board members)that the advisory board was there to help and that the group were to make the decisions. unless the group couldn't then the board would step in.
    seen on bumper sticker: visualize--whirled peas

The Board members need to step in to keep things on track! IMO

If you'll look back to that 2008 coin that was changed to a 2009 coin was voted on Last Year.
    On 11-16-2008 Trick or Treat asked if there was any news on the coin and Sudonim said he was finding out about cost.

On May 4, 2009 waiting on prices or finishes??

The coin was voted on in a timely manner, but it seems the actual Production of this coin has been ongoing since November 2008 ??????????????

Maybe that vendor is too busy and another vendor should be used ?

Just a Thought

Opalsns

Quote Originally Posted by Opalsns View Post
    The Board members need to step in to keep things on track! IMO

If you'll look back to that 2008 coin that was changed to a 2009 coin was voted on Last Year.
    On 11-16-2008 Trick or Treat asked if there was any news on the coin and Sudonim said he was finding out about cost.

On May 4, 2009 waiting on prices or finishes??

The coin was voted on in a timely manner, but it seems the actual Production of this coin has been ongoing since November 2008 ??????????????

Maybe that vendor is too busy and another vendor should be used ?

Just a Thought

Opalsns
    when dealing with a group it is going to take longer. Sudonim has done a great job with everthing he has done for the coin. alot of the time used on the coin was for making sure the coin was how it was designed.
    by starting a thread now and getting input on a 2011 coin was the first step in making this move along.

Well Gee Wiz,
    Thanx for letting me have an opinion!!!!!!!
    Nobody said SudIe did a bad job, how can you screw up sending in a photo to a vender.
    When an opinion on the coin was given, It was knocked down, so there was no hold up in changing it!!!!
    The only thing changed was the color interpretaion on the front and that was fixed.
    We've been waiting for this coin since last year. It's in the threads.
    There were only 5 entries and a handful of voters, compared to the list of possible voters. Not some massive group of Undecided!
    Sheesh ... smiley face, smiley face, smiley face.

I nominate Hide From The Kids to Help Sudonim Handle the 2011 coin.

There was a lot more that went on behind the scenes that you and others probably do not realize.

Once the coin was agreed upon then the person or persons that submitted the coin needed to convey everything that they wanted done on the coin. The photo shows the basic coin design on our web site but the detail was something that was a problem with this last coin design. We went back and forth quit a few times to make sure the vendor understood exactly what we wanted. There was a problem at first trying to convey the metal texture.

Hide from the Kids was involved in the last coin because it was his design that the coin was chosen from.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    There was a lot more that went on behind the scenes that you and others probably do not realize.

Once the coin was agreed upon then the person or persons that submitted the coin needed to convey everything that they wanted done on the coin. The photo shows the basic coin design on our web site but the detail was something that was a problem with this last coin design. We went back and forth quit a few times to make sure the vendor understood exactly what we wanted. There was a problem at first trying to convey the metal texture.

Hide from the Kids was involved in the last coin because it was his design that the coin was chosen from.
    Hi Rick,
    I know what goes on behind the curtains, We've had 2 coins made since this one was thought of and have our 3rd in the works. And there were many emails back and forth for our designs and colors.My brother and I didn't agree on everything. It is only as difficult as it's made to be. I only nominated HFTK because he seems to know all about it.
    I know it was their coin. Everone knows it's their design!
    There wasn't a problem once someone sent the pic of the metal, right???
    And my point on giving a weekly update could help avoid these discussions.
    And when you say "We went back and forth quitE a few times," Do you mean There were more than just Sudonim emailing the vender?????????? Wow !

Opalsns

Sudonim would email the vendor and then have to get back to Hike From The Kids and me to verify that the design was what it was intended it to be. The vendor had a hard time matching the metal texture that we wanted. Then there was also the fact that Sudonim had a very busy work schedule and was gone for a month amoung other things.

It is always easy for other people to criticize what other people do. We are lucky Sudonim is willing to do this for us. No one else has volunteered or stepped up to do this. It seems like everyone wants something done but no one wants to be step forward to do it or help do it. It is always the same individuals and I can not speak for them but it gets a little old after a while.
    Blazing Troll

No One Else Volunteered? Are You Seriuos??????
    I Volunteered to have people send me pics and I would post them for folks all at the same time for fair viewing, YOU said you didn't know why that would have to be done.
    And there were SEVERAL other volunteers but folks said that Sudonim had been doing it and could handle it.
    I'm not Criticizing anyone, so don't say I am.
    I'm making a valid point.
    Hey Rick,
    WHO are all THE SAME INDIVIDUALS that are making things OLD for you??????

See, Folks say Stupid things like THAT , That make problems on this site. I didn't insult anyone, but you just did.

Now you want Volunteers, ...

I'LL VOLUNTEER TO HELP GET THE 2011 COIN TO PRODUCTION,
    Anyone else?????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????

Opalsns

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Sudonim would email the vendor and then have to get back to Hike From The Kids and me to verify that the design was what it was intended it to be. The vendor had a hard time matching the metal texture that we wanted. Then there was also the fact that Sudonim had a very busy work schedule and was gone for a month amoung other things.

It is always easy for other people to criticize what other people do. We are lucky Sudonim is willing to do this for us. No one else has volunteered or stepped up to do this. It seems like everyone wants something done but no one wants to be step forward to do it or help do it. It is always the same individuals and I can not speak for them but it gets a little old after a while.
    i agree without andy who would be willing to put up their own money and time to make this happen. if i had the money i would volunteer to do the same but it would take me a lot longer as i would do my best to make sure all the t's were crossed and i's were dotted because i would not be just doing it to satisfy myself but to satisfy all the members that i represented. and that would take a lot of time.

now lets move on to the 2011 coin. we will start a poll to see if people want one. rick how long should the poll last? i was thinking 2 weeks.