vb:literal>

Thread: Caches with Almost the Same Names

Default Caches with Almost the Same Names

I've talked to others who have this problem too: When a series of caches start with the same words like "SW E Kennebago", "Maine Huts and Trails" etc. I can download one of the caches and not the rest. It's like the GPS only reads the first few words and thinks it's already downloaded it. How do I get around this problem? Right now I'm trying to download "Upsalquitch's Snowmobile Caches", got one and the other 13 won't go. Help!
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

That usually happen because the GPSr can only handle so many characters, and as you say, it loads them as the same one, most likely overwriting the one just put in. How you cure it depends on how you are loading them and what GPSr you have? GSAK has capability to load the GC code or a "smart name", as well as other options.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    That usually happen because the GPSr can only handle so many characters, and as you say, it loads them as the same one, most likely overwriting the one just put in. How you cure it depends on how you are loading them and what GPSr you have? GSAK has capability to load the GC code or a "smart name", as well as other options.
    Sheesh, YES! We've found that caching is a lot easier since we stopped looking for caches by "name", and started using the GC code. Much easier...

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh, YES! We've found that caching is a lot easier since we stopped looking for caches by "name", and started using the GC code. Much easier...
    Yes, before I got the Oregon and had my ol yeller, I set GSAK to use the GC code but to also take away the "GC". So "GC1234ABC" became "1234ABC". Made it much easier to search.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."