vb:literal>

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: RE: Be prepared to have your world rocked

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    waking up everyone in the process however as I drive off.
    I remember the first winter camp out last winter, Tom and Karen didn't arrived until the middle of the night. Karen in all of her wisdom decided to pitch her tent just inches from my trucks tailpipe. I got up early and decided to head to the store for breakfast, but how could I leave with out scaring the hell out of karen. I thought about this for a long time (30 seconds) and then fired up the 350 and sped off, after reving the engine a few times to warm up the motor. The moral of the story. "Don't pitch your tent behind someones truck."

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    I remember the first winter camp out last winter, Tom and Karen didn't arrived until the middle of the night. Karen in all of her wisdom decided to pitch her tent just inches from my trucks tailpipe. I got up early and decided to head to the store for breakfast, but how could I leave with out scaring the hell out of karen. I thought about this for a long time (30 seconds) and then fired up the 350 and sped off, after reving the engine a few times to warm up the motor. The moral of the story. "Don't pitch your tent behind someones truck."
    I feel the love. I feel the love......

Quote Originally Posted by Kaching Karen View Post
    I feel the love. I feel the love......
    awww c'mon, you should! who's the one that stayed up until about midnight until you guys got there...???
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Well, after comparing what I've got for ATV maps covering Winn to Cutler I'm a little disappointed. While there are caches along the trails, they're few and far between compared to all the caches in this part of the state.

If you want to stop by sometime Jake I can show you what I came up with... let me know.
    How come we choose from just two people to run for president and 50 for Miss America?

Never having done one of these before... do most like to do a lot of caches on during a ride or a long ride with one cache as a destination?
    How come we choose from just two people to run for president and 50 for Miss America?

Quote Originally Posted by bgrffdave View Post
    Well, after comparing what I've got for ATV maps covering Winn to Cutler I'm a little disappointed. While there are caches along the trails, they're few and far between compared to all the caches in this part of the state.

If you want to stop by sometime Jake I can show you what I came up with... let me know.
    Give me a call the next day you're on duty and I'll stop by and chat and see what you've come up with.

I was originally thinking perhaps camping at Duck Lake . . . knowing that Evil Homer has put out a few right next to some trails.

A few other possibilities . . . Laughing Terry placed a whole bunch of Snowmobile Caches . . . I've never ATVed in that area so I don't know whether or not these are Sled/ATV trails or just ATV trails . . . perhaps he will chime in and let us know.

There is also the County . . . it's been awhile since I've been there . . . not sure if there are many caches trail side though.

Another possibility is western Maine . . . again . . . I'm not sure how the trails and caching would stack up.

As I said, give me a call the next day you're in and we can talk.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by bgrffdave View Post
    Never having done one of these before... do most like to do a lot of caches on during a ride or a long ride with one cache as a destination?
    Well I can only speak for myself with the past ORCA Tread Lightly events . . . one year there were some half decent rides with fewer caches and one year there was more caching and very few off road rides. Personally I prefer a good mix . . . ride some, find the cache, ride some, find the cache, etc.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Jake: I don't really have a way to bring what I pieced together with me for you to see... I can't easily print it. I combined a couple map overlays and a GSAK export in Google Earth to try and get an idea. I can show you at the house though. I just got a new map from the Greenfield area to add to my collection so I'll take another look.

FYI... for you ATVers... there will be a new connector trail available this year after "mud season" closures end. You will now be able to come from the Winn/Lee/Lincoln area down around Passadumkeag Mountain and connect (near Great Pond) back to the collection of Downeast trails that surround the Snack Bar. The only warning... it will pass through a short but fairly rough stretch of trail near the instersection of the Stud Mill Rd and 25000 Rd. However, I have it on fairly good authority that this rough section is on the "needs some work" list for this year. Yet another loop in the Downeast trail system... now to get that rail trail up and running!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    awww c'mon, you should! who's the one that stayed up until about midnight until you guys got there...???
    That's very true... you were our one man greeting team and it was much appreciated!

Tread lightly... a lot of caches are just slightly off marked trails. Is there any way to get a "pass" for an event, so it could be okay. Most are okay for vehicles but not atvs. Example...GC16VGB..Don Baylor Loves to Cache, just off the trail. We are VERY repectful riders, and will pull out the "I'm Geocaching " card if we are "caught". Also I've found a lot of caches that say ATV ok, but aren't on the trail such as.. Death Wish, Foster Solitude ,Foss Pond.. We just park the Atv and walk in. Am I so wrong?