vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bow Hunting?

Question Bow Hunting?

I took some friends to the Run-A-Way Cache (GCWVAB)today. As we were leaving, a fully cammoed guy was walking in with his bow and arrows. We did a double take as none of us are hunters, but we do where blaze orange when caching during hunting season.....problem is, we didn't know it was hunting season, nor can I find any evidence online that it is......am I missing something?

Default Started Sept. 6th

DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

It open bear season, too.

Thumbs up hmmm

Guess it pays to read a little further...didn't see the extended season dates......glad we didn't find out the hard way

You should be alright, as long as you don't cache with antlers on. (seriously. When I was stationed in upstate N.Y. anti-hunting folks would go into the woods with deer suits on. )

yeaup, no orange required for bow hunting, and if you see a big pile of donuts in the middle of the woods, just go the other way, trust me, you didn't find the end of the rainbow.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

My husband is a bow hunter and unlike rifle where you can shoot from really far away, bow hunting (obviously) requires you to be much closer to the animal and have a VERY clear shot. It is highly unlikely that anyone that close would mistake a human for a deer/moose whatever.

Besides, just make a lot of noise while caching and you'll scare both hunter and hunted away!

Quote Originally Posted by ltlindian View Post
    My husband is a bow hunter and unlike rifle where you can shoot from really far away, bow hunting (obviously) requires you to be much closer to the animal and have a VERY clear shot. It is highly unlikely that anyone that close would mistake a human for a deer/moose whatever.

Besides, just make a lot of noise while caching and you'll scare both hunter and hunted away!
    I'm not a hunter . . . and call me crazy . . . but I can't recall ever hearing of any bow hunter accidentally shooting themself, their hunting partner or other folks. I don't think bow hunters would be an issue for geocachers other than it scaring off potential prey.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    yeaup, no orange required for bow hunting, and if you see a big pile of donuts in the middle of the woods, just go the other way, trust me, you didn't find the end of the rainbow.
    Whahhh mmmmfpphhhhhh . . . sorry . . . my mouth was full from all of these jelly donuts that I just found in middle of the woods . . . Jake Bait?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

And, most bow hunters will not be upset about you being there. Actually your being there probably helps to get the deer up and moving.

I knew the donuts comment was coming from FFJ. Go figure!
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!