vb:literal>

View Poll Results: Help Steph pick her geocaching name.

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Linka

2 28.57%
  • Gi

0 0%
  • Mrs.Hiram357

1 14.29%
  • Mrs.Hiram22

0 0%
  • GreenLady (or GreenGirl)

1 14.29%
  • Other__________

3 42.86%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RE: Name the "new" cacher

I did a search on the web and founs that "medawisla" is what the indians call a heard of loons.
    Blazing Troll

Thumbs up

Righty O!
    Loons, plural, so I suppose a "herd" or probably a flock would do
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    I did a search on the web and founs that "medawisla" is what the indians call a heard of loons.
    I thought it meant "looney"??

Hurrah . . . Steph's got a name . . . I have no idea of how to pronounce it and imagine trying to remember how to spell it will be a bit of a challenge, but at least all is well in the Hiram household as now Aaron can go on-line and not worry about missing some thread.

So the whole Captain Planet thing didn't work for you, huh?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Hurrah . . . Steph's got a name . . . I have no idea of how to pronounce it and imagine trying to remember how to spell it will be a bit of a challenge, but at least all is well in the Hiram household as now Aaron can go on-line and not worry about missing some thread.

So the whole Captain Planet thing didn't work for you, huh?
    Well to be honest, I liked the Captain Planet thing, but I was so young when my sisters and I would watch it that we called them all barbies with power, we didn't know their names.

Medawisla is pronounced MED.a.wis'la, with soft vowels. Unless someone knows otherwise?

Luckily, I'm good with spelling
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

I like it - very original!

Very nice! Though you will always be "IDon'tMindPlasticFlowers" to me - lol!!!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Comber View Post
    Very nice! Though you will always be "IDon'tMindPlasticFlowers" to me - lol!!!
    That's fine too. We all have many parts to make up who we are. That'll be the environmentalist in me

Great choice for a name! Very unique.
    Your avatar is really cute too....
    "It may be that your soul purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others" ~Steven Wright~
    I'm in my own little Lat/Lon

“Danse avec les Arbres”

Quote Originally Posted by Foxgloves View Post
    Great choice for a name! Very unique.
    Your avatar is really cute too....
    Thanks! I was tagging loons and taking blood samples and kissing them in between The chicks are so fluffy and soft, but heavy, loons are heavy birds. The adults are as soft as they look, incrediably tight, small, soft feathers.